Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar stop  (Read 1624 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar stop

I am a new Foobar user, foobar play song (flac from my hdd) and after 5 sec or 1min sometimes 2 songs fb make stop.
Than I click on the slider and after that fb play 10 sec or more/less and after that stop again.
What is a problem?

Thanks

Re: Foobar stop

Reply #1
What does it say in View > Console, when it happens?

Reply #2
After > Console >
Components loaded in: 0:00.008743
Configuration read in: 0:00.001243
Watching: C:\Users\Milorad\Music
Watching: C:\Users\Public\Music
User Interface initialized in: 0:00.025389
Startup time : 0:00.069987
Opening track for playback: "C:\Users\Milorad\Desktop\Eric Burdon\01 - Water.flac"

Reply #3
I don't know, three days ago I was restart computer and delete all fb drivers, installing again and everything work great.
Thank you

Reply #4
[thumbs up emoji]

Reply #5
Hi.

Latest (1.3.15) version, but it happened many times in previous versions also.
Columns UI used.
If playlist has only the files it is unable to open (i.e. recently deleted) or very short one (i.e. opened 100ms-length mp3 file from explorer, it emptied certain playlist and the only short track present in it), playback causes hangup of foobar2000 player, it does not respond to the stop command, interface become grayed, and OS states that the application is not responding.

Reply #6
Your issue is a bit off-topic for this thread...
The issue you described requires that playback order is set to one of the looping ones. I don't know if foobar2000 core could do something differently but the problem only affects Columns UI. Default UI remains responsive even though CPU usage skyrockets under the task.

Until there is a fix you could use a different playback mode. Also you can stop the looping by launching foobar2000.exe from command prompt with parameter "/stop". It requires several seconds to take effect.

Reply #7
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Case, thank you for the hint. I should try command string.
By the way, I've tried "Stop on Error" component, but it didn't help by some reason (apparently against "file not found" situation).
And yes, I use "Shuffle..." order most of the time. "Default" is rather boring. ;-)
Columns UI gave me everything, I will not betray it. =)

Reply #8
Let's hope musicmusic sees this and addresses the UI lockup.

The "Stop on Error" component has a bit misleading name. It was made for a similar UI freeze scenario people ran into when playback advanced too fast because files were missing (history).
Playing a short file itself is not an error. It becomes a problem when the UI tries to update itself beyond its abilities.