Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Looking for file "lame.exe" (Read 19618 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for file "lame.exe"

I have been using Foobar 2000 as a CD ripper and media player for a few months now. It is one of the best pieces of software I have ever used and can't imagine going back to anything else. I am just now getting around to converting some of my FLACs to MP3 to play in the car.

I wasn't sure how to do this, but right-clicked one of my folders and found the Convert option. It was just about ready to convert my files, when it asked for the "lame.exe". Where can I download this?

For doing this kind of conversion, is this the best way to go about it?

Thanks!

Reply #1
I have been using Foobar 2000 as a CD ripper and media player for a few months now. It is one of the best pieces of software I have ever used and can't imagine going back to anything else. I am just now getting around to converting some of my FLACs to MP3 to play in the car.

I wasn't sure how to do this, but right-clicked one of my folders and found the Convert option. It was just about ready to convert my files, when it asked for the "lame.exe". Where can I download this?

Thanks!

You can download "lame.exe" from http://lame.sourceforge.net/links.php

Reply #2

Thanks!

You can download "lame.exe" from http://lame.sourceforge.net/links.php

Thasks, but I'm not sure where it is on this page. Which link do I need?

Reply #4
Thanks! I can't believe how easy everything is with Foobar! It converted my files in under 10 sec! (at 320 kbps)