Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1363988 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_discogs

Reply #1550
Hi zoomorph,

wouldn't it make sense to move "Replace ANVs" to:

Also this should be fixed:

"Written only if there's only one artist for the release or the track, and if that name is an ANV (artist name variation)."

See original post.

Or maybe it is possible to store this tag even when there are multiple artists by now? :-)

Thanks for your efforts!

foo_discogs

Reply #1552
Hi zoomorph,

wouldn't it make sense to move "Replace ANVs" to:

ReplaceANVs is already in the Configuration/Tagging settings. (And given how the tag mappings are currently implemented, it would be impossible to add the option there.) I'm not sure if anyone uses the Display/Replace ANVs buttons on the release dialog, but I didn't want to remove them in case someone does.

"Written only if there's only one artist for the release or the track, and if that name is an ANV (artist name variation)."

See original post.

Or maybe it is possible to store this tag even when there are multiple artists by now? :-)

I suspect that it's this way because if there are 3 artists and only 1 or 2 have ANVs it would be impossible to know which ones the ANV field applies to. What do you think should happen in such a case? N/A or something could be written for the other artists'?

foo_discogs

Reply #1553
ReplaceANVs is already in the Configuration/Tagging settings. (And given how the tag mappings are currently implemented, it would be impossible to add the option there.) I'm not sure if anyone uses the Display/Replace ANVs buttons on the release dialog, but I didn't want to remove them in case someone does.
I do, and I'm very grateful to the function and to the developer (the former and the current)! I'm really delighted about the instantaneous rate of change the addon has these days! please carry on the good work :)

EDIT:
btw: I figured out, that activating "automaticly match discogs tracks to local tracks, based on track length when available" did only worked one time.
after not tagging the correct sorted selected files, i just ESCaped and deactivated the option as it was the default behaviour here.
then, I just activated the option again, but the adddons window just shows the files in unsorted order.
(after restarting foobar2000, that strange behaviour did'nt worked either, so I assume something strange and like to ask, if someone other than me is having this behaviour.

foo_discogs

Reply #1554
Matching tracks in the old implementation isn't very accurate unless the durations were entered exactly on Discogs, which they often aren't.

In the upcoming version, matching will fail in these ambiguous cases rather than give wrong results.

It also fails if there are more files than tracks or durations aren't available from Discogs.

foo_discogs

Reply #1555
Changes:
- Improved error handling around networking and file writing operations.
- Automatically parse disc number from track positions.
- Remove the multi-disc stuff from the release dialog.
- Fix detection of deleted releases.
- Retry HTTP requests up to 5 times in case of a networking error. Discogs may be throttling/dropping traffic, causing such errors. (ie. when checking for deleted releases)
- Slightly more intelligent matching of track durations. Fails when results are ambiguous.
- Show a "FAILED TO MATCH TRACKS" label under the files pane when track matching fails.
- Add an optional Length column to track comparison panes. Enabled by default.
    - Note: The delete key is currently broken for removing tracks from these panes.
- Support resolving m-TAGS (foo_tags) file names for the files view.
- Add year, country, and catalog number to master versions in the find release dialog.
- Add artist (and label) name formatting option "discard numeric suffix" (enabled by default).
- Apply artist name formatting options to all artists (even extra artists, credits, etc).
- Set default artist artwork directory as "$directory_path(%path%)".
- Set default artist artwork file prefix as "artist[%DISCOGS_ARTIST_ID%]".
- Skip saving artwork if directory is "null".
- Add tagging option "start track numbers at 1 for each disc" for multi-disc releases (enabled by default).
- Support parsing simple ranges in Discogs tracklist. (ie. "13-91 - Untitled (Silence)" -> 79 tracks).
- Support parsing Index/Sub tracks and naming them as "Index (Sub-track)".
- Add new tags:
  DISCOGS_MASTER_RELEASE_ID - master_id of release, if applicable (default: enabled)
  DISCOGS_TRACK_HEADING - heading under which this track is, if applicable (default: disabled)
  DISCOGS_INDEX_TRACK_TITLE - Index track title (applicable for sub-tracks only) (default: disabled)
  DISCOGS_SUB_TRACK_TITLE - Sub-track title (applicable for sub-tracks only) (default: disabled)
  DISCOGS_TRACK_DURATION - Track duration listed on Discogs. (default: disabled)

Due to the number of things changed, there are quite possibly going to be problems in this version. Therefore, I'm releasing it here for trial before it's officially released. Let me know if you find any problems. I recommend backing up your foo_discogs.dll.cfg file if you've put a lot of work into it, just in case.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5gruy4
Updated:
- fixed bug in track mappings
- enabled compilation checkbox if ALBUM ARTIST tag is written
- added year to master versions in find_release dialog
- "null" directory is now skipped
- fixed bug in sub-track names
- fixed bug showing full path in file list

foo_discogs

Reply #1557
I have this error with your beta zoomorph:

Authorization Failed (401) - (url: http://api.discogs.com/database/search)

This means you have to go back to the configuration in the Discogs submenu, OAuth tab, and go through the process of filling the fields in there (you'll have to hit Generate once getting the key even if you already have stuff in there).

zoomorph, the automatic disc numbering stuff is awesome. Loving it.

foo_discogs

Reply #1558
Awesome, re-auth did the miracle

The new list already shows all necessary info for picking rite release

foo_discogs

Reply #1559
Good to hear. :-)

Updating to this version should preserve your old OAuth settings. If not, that would be a bug.... Thanks.

foo_discogs

Reply #1560
Hey zoomorph, for some reason whereas before this version, my code a page or so back for not sending album art to null if tagging a CD worked fine, it's now throwing up an error. It doesn't like the path being just null. This is what I now see:

Code: [Select]
(FATAL) Error [release 6078833]:  - Error creating file null\cover.jpg [Object not found]

[ESCAPE to close]

Escape to close is nice, but it's a shame it no longer recognizes the special folder null (like /dev/null on *NIX systems), which meant that I didn't have to even interact.

foo_discogs

Reply #1561
Hey zoomorph, for some reason whereas before this version, my code a page or so back for not sending album art to null if tagging a CD worked fine, it's now throwing up an error. It doesn't like the path being just null. This is what I now see:

(FATAL) Error [release 6078833]:  - Error creating file null\cover.jpg [Object not found]

[ESCAPE to close]

Escape to close is nice, but it's a shame it no longer recognizes the special folder null (like /dev/null on *NIX systems), which meant that I didn't have to even interact.

I think this was merely accidental behavior in the past. I've now updated the file such that it skips saving artwork if the directory is "null". This should work for you. I'm open to ideas for better solutions around the directory and file prefix boxes if anyone has ideas.

foo_discogs

Reply #1562
BTW, maybe it's better to use "nul"? "NUL" is a special name in Windows, not "NULL". It's possible to create a folder with a name "null", but VERY difficult to create a folder named "nul".

foo_discogs

Reply #1563
BTW, maybe it's better to use "nul"? "NUL" is a special name in Windows, not "NULL". It's possible to create a folder with a name "null", but VERY difficult to create a folder named "nul".

Currently, setting the directory as "null" will skip it entirely, while anything else like that, ie.  "abc", will throw an error. This is why I wonder if the directory/file prefix functions could be improved.

For example... what does it mean to call filesystem::g_create_directory("abc")?

What is "abc" relative to? Won't this always throw an error?

Should I be detecting relative paths and making them absolute before calling create_directory? I suppose they could all be made relative to $directory_path(%path%) by default....

foo_discogs

Reply #1564
i wouldn't support relative paths at all. people can always prefix what they want with $directory_path(%path%) if that is their intention.

i know the album art preferences support relative paths but nothing more harmless than album art not showing will happen if you get it wrong.

when deciding where to save files (and retrieve them later) a lot more could go wrong if an errant entry is entered into your dialog.

foo_discogs

Reply #1565
I have this error with your beta zoomorph:
Authorization Failed (401) - (url: http://api.discogs.com/database/search)

This means you have to go back to the configuration in the Discogs submenu, OAuth tab, and go through the process of filling the fields in there (you'll have to hit Generate once getting the key even if you already have stuff in there).

I might do something wrong.
Having logged in to discogs.com, this is what I get when pressing the Authorize button.
(skipped) Error: Authorization Failed (401) [Is OAuth working?] - (url: http://api.discogs.com/oauth/request_token)
[ESCAPE to close]

what is OAuth? 

Thank you for your time.

foo_discogs

Reply #1566
what is OAuth? 

Thank you for your time.

OAuth is required to use the Discogs API. Follow the instructions on Tagging -> Discogs -> Configuration, "OAuth Identity" tab to set it up.

foo_discogs

Reply #1567
Version 1.50 is now released. It contains the above + some additional minor bug fixes.

foo_discogs

Reply #1568
Version 1.50 is now released. It contains the above + some additional minor bug fixes.
And it is working nice for this release: http://www.discogs.com/FREq-Strange-Attrac.../release/294332
which now sorts the tracks correctly. thank you very much!

btw:
for the mentioned release:

is there a switch/way to have the track header "Bonus Track" in brackets, instead of the title "FREqTAL (Zero One Edit)" itself?

now: Bonus Track (FREqTAL (Zero One Edit))

my wish: FREqTAL (Zero One Edit) (Bonus Track)

or just skip the whole track header, which would be: FREqTAL (Zero One Edit) (I tried with the mappings "Track Headings", but it did'nt work out for me)

foo_discogs

Reply #1569
is there a switch/way to have the track header "Bonus Track" in brackets, instead of the title "FREqTAL (Zero One Edit)" itself?

now: Bonus Track (FREqTAL (Zero One Edit))

my wish: FREqTAL (Zero One Edit) (Bonus Track)

or just skip the whole track header, which would be: FREqTAL (Zero One Edit) (I tried with the mappings "Track Headings", but it did'nt work out for me)

No, because the guidelines specify that naming format. See guideline 12.13.1: http://www.discogs.com/help/submission-gui...elease-trk.html

IMO your example is an incorrect use of Index/Sub-tracks. "Bonus Track" should be a heading instead. I would suggest editing it.

It might be possible to add an option to toggle sub-tracks along with the "Display/Replace ANVs" options in the future, but for cases like this I think the release ought to be changed. Garbage in, garbage out...

foo_discogs

Reply #1570
what is OAuth? 

Thank you for your time.

OAuth is required to use the Discogs API. Follow the instructions on Tagging -> Discogs -> Configuration, "OAuth Identity" tab to set it up.

I think you got me wrong
I can't set up OAuth because when I press the Authorize button on "OAuth Identity" tab I get this:

(skipped) Error: Authorization Failed (401) [Is OAuth working?] - (url: http://api.discogs.com/oauth/request_token)
[ESCAPE to close]

and the same error with Version 1.50

foo_discogs

Reply #1572
Sorry, I don't know what's wrong. Can you use this version: https://www.sendspace.com/file/vxmlpt

After getting the error, go to View->Console. Copy and paste the full URL for me.

Thanks

The same error with the version you provided
This is what console says:
foo_discogs: HTTP error status: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
foo_discogs: Exception handling: http://api.discogs.com/oauth/request_token?oauth_consumer_key=kQFLKuHXrEsVfZTDvOdz&oauth_nonce=141545830529&oauth_signature=maW1w2%2FUVpxOBM9FUkraGHgZAUg%3D&oauth_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1&oauth_timestamp=1415458305&oauth_version=1.0

I guess this is a firewall issue. I will check now.
Thanks for your help!

foo_discogs

Reply #1573
Hmm... the URL looks correct to me. Given that nobody else has reported this, it seems likely to be a problem on your end.... We could open a ticket with Discogs to see if they are receiving your request.

foo_discogs

Reply #1574
Removing multi-disc options is all good but now %totaltracks% gets mapped with the total tracks of all discs combined. I would prefer total per disc like it was before. Not hard to edit manually but would be nice if you can add an option for this.

Also can you give an example of what "Discard numeric suffixes" does.