Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUERipper: press Go - Error Reading CD IOCTL Failed; works second time (Read 6353 times) previous topic - next topic

CUERipper: press Go - Error Reading CD IOCTL Failed; works second time

After expanding Cuetools and running Cueripper, I press the "GO" button and my drive spins and then errors out with "Error Reading CD IOCTL Failed".  If I then hit the "OK" button and "GO" again it works with no error and rips the CD.  This happens every time.  Do I have some kind of configuration problem?  The drive normally works fine with numerous other programs.  Any ideas?  Thanks

CUERipper: press Go - Error Reading CD IOCTL Failed; works second time

Reply #1
i have the same error with plextor drives W2410A, fw 1.03  and W1210A fw 1.10.  the error occurs on windows XP and windows 7 x64, and three different physical computer systems.  cueripper freezes when you hit "go" and it starts "detecting drive features..."  it will take about 5-10 minutes, the give the error "Error Reading CD IoctlFailed".  after that the drive is dead in windows and i have to reboot to get it back.

i have an internal laptop drive that is ok (HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GSA-T21N A1R1) and which can rip a CD, so i know the application works.  when i try the same system with the plextors, it does not work.

any ideas?