Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist Search Strings (Read 2264 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist Search Strings

Under Preferences, Display, and in the box 'Fields To Scan'...Ive seen these three tags used: artist;title;filename. What Im wondering, is because I have organized my music so I dont have to use tags (Ive created a seperate folder for each Artist, and then the filename of each mp3 is solely the title of the song) So for my playlist formatting strings, I just have %_directoryname% - %_filename% and it makes it look really good and no messy tags for me. However, I cant get it to search the directorynames  Can anyone tell me what string I would use here? Or any alternative options if there is no tag?

Thanks in advance 

Edit: Aww crap  I made this post in the wrong forum, I wasnt paying attention. Sorry to the mods  If anyone could move this if they see it, that'd be great. Im hoping the answer will be really short and easy though