Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC 1.5 - cannot drag pictures into the CD Cover area (Read 1827 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Exact Audio Copy v1.5

EAC 1.5 - cannot drag pictures into the CD Cover area

After installing EAC 1.5 I cannot drag pictures into the CD Cover area anymore. it gives me the forbidden sign in the mouse arrow. After reverting back to EAC 1.3 the problem persisted, so it seems something changed in the framework.

I tried this on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 on different machines and both had the same problem. I had to go back to an old restore point to get it working again.

Am I overseeing a setting which prevents applying your own pictures or are more users having this problem?

Re: EAC 1.5 - cannot drag pictures into the CD Cover area

Reply #1
are more users having this problem?
Not a problem on three Windows 10 systems and one Windows 7.
Note: I have .NET 3.5 & 4.8 and Visual C++ 2005-2019 Runtime on all systems.
korth

Re: EAC 1.5 - cannot drag pictures into the CD Cover area

Reply #2
Process elevation (running as administrator) does break drag and drop between processes. Check that both EAC and Explorer are running the same elevation, preferably not administrator.