Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: can't jump ahead (time) with .57 (Read 4181 times) previous topic - next topic

can't jump ahead (time) with .57

I get massive static or a freeze, instead...!

thanks, i advance, for the help.

___

I notice that playing with the waveout buffer has an effect: decreasing the buffer reduces the static....

win98
ap2496

Reply #1
I get massive static or a freeze, instead...!

as for SHN... foo_shn.dll has some "issues" with seeking (up to pb4), the next release should fix this. have patience, it should not take too long. I don't know about wav or flac though.

btw, did you inform ssamadhi97 about your problems with foo_shn.dll?

edit: I must have been sleeping  ; foo_shn was not perfect, but released versions did not produce static after seeking.

Reply #2
I notice that playing with the waveout buffer has an effect: decreasing the buffer reduces the static....

Did you try DirectSound or Kernel Streaming?

Off to trying to reproduce the bug..
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #4
I wasn't able to reproduce the problem with fb2k 0.58 .. maybe upgrade and cross your fingers

btw, foo_shn release candidate 1 is out: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....=27&t=7432&st=0

(got bored with calling it "public beta #" *L*)
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #5
Thanks for the replies...

all seems to be good in the hood --> .58 jumps with flac shn and wav (Which are all I care about). Thanks.

New stuff in the status bar - groovy...

ss -  it wasn't a shn problem - I was using FLAC...