Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: OpenMPT Module Decoder (Read 23812 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: OpenMPT Module Decoder

Reply #25
Hi!
@kode54, in the attached some mod files still more than one item at the playlist.
please notice.
Thanks.

Reply #26
Yeah, let us disable them without time limit too.

And ability to 'loop track X times if its duration is less than Y seconds' would be nice for some chiptunes.

Reply #27
Really? You want to disable subsongs altogether? Just because of a handful of buggy songs? Fine, but I'm leaving them enabled by default. And my other player, Cog, is going to be hardcoded to enable them.

e: These look like legitimate subsongs, unplayed songs you wouldn't know about otherwise without a tracker. Did you even bother to play them?

Reply #28
Really? You want to disable subsongs altogether? Just because of a handful of buggy songs? Fine, but I'm leaving them enabled by default.
I think to add the option enable/disable support for subsongs would be a good solution (enabled by default).
Thanks.

Reply #29
Really? You want to disable subsongs altogether? Just because of a handful of buggy songs?

Sure. It was a 'hack'. Usually used in game music/jingles or hidden pranks. I have playlist with 4000+ .mod files and I'm not sure if there is a single song part I really need to access that way. Don't need to be default, but being able to get rid of them would be nice and... why not?

Reply #30
I'll consider it.

Reply #31
Additional issue subsongs create are File Operations. Let's say I sort playlist by size to delete all songs from disk (physically) that are shorter than certain length and it includes subsongs. Then the whole file disappears.

Reply #32
Either lodge a feature request for fileops, or don't actually delete your files if they're short. I can still disable the subsong matching, but there will be different behavior once libopenmpt 0.4.0 is released.

Reply #33
I can still disable the subsong matching, but there will be different behavior once libopenmpt 0.4.0 is released.
Hi! @kode54,
Please consider when releasing the component update the implementation of the following:
1. Pattern visualization for Columns UI The Columns UI SDK
2. Add the option enable/disable support for subsongs
Thanks in advance!

Reply #34
@Sergey77

1. I'll look into it, but it really shouldn't be any harder than implementing something to host a resizable child window to fit into any dialog. I have no idea how to make a CUI visualization pop out or pop in.
2. I don't really know why this is a problem any more, the detection algorithm is way more relaxed and less likely to screw up, as of 0.4.0. Even if I disable reporting any subsongs other than the first, it will never play the "entire" module without subsongs. Note that you need to completely remake all your manual playlists for these changes to take effect.

Reply #35
@Sergey77
1. I'll look into it, but it really shouldn't be any harder than implementing something to host a resizable child window to fit into any dialog. I have no idea how to make a CUI visualization pop out or pop in.
Nothing more than the standard contents of the openmpt123 window with the ability to select the background and font color.
It would be quite enough as in the pic.

Reply #36
Not doing that. I'll do what I already do for the Default UI. Except I won't have the benefit of regularly using it as a test platform, since I don't use Columns UI.

Reply #37
It seems that new version 0.4.0+2 makes fb2k to crash. Not always, but under certain conditions. In combinations with some other plugins maybe. But i already removed plugins that were reported by troobleshooter as problematic.
Sometimes crash report is generated and sometimes it is just "Runtime error", so even no crash report is generated.
After manually removing foo_openmpt54 - no more crashes.
It is combination of foo_openmpt54 and foo_whatsnew that makes fb2k crash
Example of crash report is attached.

Reply #38
I already debugged this thanks to someone else. It apparently could crash if Columns UI was not installed, due to how the CUI panel service is instantiated, and my use of static_api_ptr_t on some CUI services. I have added a try/catch block around that, and blocked off the destructor from doing the same thing if the constructor didn't succeed at it. This should prevent the crashes. Unfortunately, you'll have to delete the component or replace it with a fresh download from foobar2000's Safe Mode.

Reply #39
@kode54, thank you so much for implementing the Module Visualizer panel for Columns UI. This is a very good and long-awaited addition!
We hope you will not leave it without modifications and improvements.
The only point, please allow users to choose the background and font color. The proposed default color may be someone not comfortable for the eyes.
Thank you again!

Reply #40
It currently uses system default colors, as the CUI SDK did not really make it clear to me how it would be able to query for any colors by any other means. It does have a listener to monitor for settings changes, but apparently I don't know how to query for arbitrary colors. Open Source example code, or Pull Requests with changes, either one or both are welcome.

Reply #41
Looks like the component is yours as of 0.5, kode54. :) https://lib.openmpt.org/libopenmpt/2019/01/12/future-of-foo_openmpt/
With that being said, if possible I'd like a place where prerelease builds of libopenmpt are built if they're intention is to pass the component on to you, I liked trying them out which was partially why I stuck with the official component.

Reply #42
I'd need a buildbot configuration for Appveyor to do that.

Reply #43
Feature request. Would it be possible to restore the expose file info as multi value tag setting from foo_dumb? That setting made sample and instrument texts much nicer to read, for me at least.

Reply #44
How? There were no tag dialogs in the default configuration which displayed that information in a meaningful way in a normal dialog. You had to open a second dialog from the first one to see the instrument and sample names in a list.

Reply #45
Expose file info as multi value tag displayed instrument and sample texts in one large tag called instrument or sample, rather than several individual tags for each sample or instrument text.

Reply #46
I'll think about it.

Reply #48
And you're sure you've updated? And as you can update and install them both independently, you're sure you've tested both plugins correctly?

Reply #49
Yes. My copies of foo_openmpt and foo_openmpt54 are both on 0.4.5. I used the decoding panel to disable foo_openmpt54 and played the module with foo_openmpt, the glitch didn't occur there. I then did the reverse, disabling foo_openmpt and using foo_openmpt54, and the glitch occurred. Though I did notice that the version of the components repository got bumped but there was no commit to the Bitbucket repository, could that be related?