Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Bad News..... (Read 8757 times) previous topic - next topic

Bad News.....

I'm sorry but I have some really bad news for the site..

Unfortunately some things have happened in my life in the last hour which are going to make it impossible for me to participate in this site for an indefinite amount of time

It has nothing to do with this board or anything like that, but it is basically a series of personal matters (which I won't go into here because this isn't the place for them) that couldn't have come at a worse time.  I really wish there was something else I could do, but there don't appear to be any options available to me.

So instead of just taking the site down completely, I've transferred control of it to JohnV (along with Sphoid of course) for the time being.  Hopefully I'll be able to come back and work on this again in the future but I'm not sure...

So until then, to all my friends in the community.. GoodBye.

Bad News.....

Reply #1
Take care Darin, whatever it is.

This site will remain operational if it's upto me, and I hope people will keep posting normally. Or even more than normally just to show support.

Now is the time for every moderator, developer, expert, valuable member or just accidental visitor of this site, to keep this thing going by posting messages!

I really don't know what to say, except I wish my friend Darin all the best there is. This all came so very quick, I'm only happy that I happened to be online.

I hope to see you soon, Darin.

Bye and good luck my friend.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Bad News.....

Reply #2
I wish you well, and hope that every thing works out ok.
It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you mean it is.  If you don't, it's its.

Bad News.....

Reply #3
I just hope that nothing worse has happened and just want to wish you good luck in dealing with the problems that have come up.

So... just hope to see you posting again soon. It's a great job you do here, this forum & the whole project is far more user friendly (just usability talk here) than r%^&.net and thanks for everything.

Hopes this cheers you up a bit, D... (coming from a newbie... well kinda' newbie, but an quality-obsessed one

And to everybody else: let's keep this thing up... ok? Not that I'm entitled to ask this, but that's what D wants

Bad News.....

Reply #4
Dibrom, Darin, you are the best.  I hope things work out for you.
God bless and take care...

Robert (RD)

Bad News.....

Reply #5
Best of luck man...even though I'm new to this site it has almost become a second-home to me  Take care!

Bad News.....

Reply #6
Darin,

Take care.  I hope that circumstances may allow you in the future to once again indulge in this pasttime.  When real life calls, you must answer.

Darryl

Bad News.....

Reply #7
Dibrom,

Good luck with solving your personal matters - I hope everything will be OK and that you will come back to the Hydrogen Audio soon.

-- Ivan

Bad News.....

Reply #8
I visit this site almost everyday and was so surprised reading this post... Hope you will be able to resolve your problems as good as you develope lame.

Bad News.....

Reply #9
Dibrom, I too, am new to this site- but have read enough to see the intelligence and integrity and patience you have shown with each development and answer you posted. As someone who has been disabled for many years; I can only hope your crisis will be temporary/transitory and we will hear from you again. Good luck to you.

Bad News.....

Reply #10
We're gonna miss you Dib. I hope you sort it out. Take care Dibrom and good luck for the future.

Bad News.....

Reply #11
Tragic news, Dibrom, I really hope things work out for you. There are some 500+ members plus guests who will miss your wisdom. Thanks for setting up probably the best forum on the net, certainly the most useful and informative.

Really hope to see you back sometime.
with very best wishes,
john33

Bad News.....

Reply #12
Very sorry to hear that, Dibrom.

I know you're a survivor, and you'll eventually come back to this community, at least that's my strong hope. You're very valuable to me (and i know, also to many others) both as an advisor and as a friend, and i feel saddened about this. I wish you all the best, and keep your head up!

Bad News.....

Reply #13
Take care Dibrom. We're going to miss you. Hope it's not too long before you can think about doing the things you enjoy again. God bless.

David.

Bad News.....

Reply #14
:jawdrop:

When I read that message I was quite shocked (and I still am) - oh dear.

Whatever it is, Dibrom, I wish you well. And please come back as soon as you can , we need great people like you.

Good luck to JohnV as the new administrator, too! Edit: To CiTay, too, of course.

CU

Dominic :crying:

Bad News.....

Reply #15
I really don't know what to say here other than I'm sorry that you have problems.

I really hope you will be back soon since I really think you do a great job here.

Jan.

Bad News.....

Reply #16
Take care, Dibrom. :crying:

I hope that you'll be able to deal with this terrible news without too much of a personal loss. You'll be sorely missed here.

The very best wishes, stoff

Bad News.....

Reply #17
I love you Dibrom!

Best of luck to you.

I will keep you in my prayers/thoughts for whatever unfortunate thing has happened in your life.

Bad News.....

Reply #18
Just hang in there man!  You got a nice community of people and a lot of them'll support the project in times you can't be here so all will be fine. 

hope all works out for ya

cheers - Roel

Bad News.....

Reply #19
So terrible how sudden fate can strike sometimes.
Please stick together with the ones that support you.

See you later Dibrom, whenever you like.

Hans

Bad News.....

Reply #20
I'm sorry to read this, Dibrom.

Anyway, I wish you good luck and hope to see you (sooner or later) on the board again. Though I wasn't a frequent poster, but I allways valued your posts and work very much.

Bad News.....

Reply #21

Heads up & hope up, whatever you're facing.

--
GCP

Bad News.....

Reply #22
Best wishes to you, Dibrom.  Thanks for making the best audio compression discussion site on the internet.  This will continue to be my favorite and most visited web site on the net.

Jordan

Bad News.....

Reply #23
This was really bad news.    I've been keen on surfin' this site. best wishes!