Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't Get EAC to Rip FLAC (Read 3181 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't Get EAC to Rip FLAC

I've searched for the answer but to no avail.  I've configured EAC to rip to FLAC, and downloaded the latest version of FLAC.  I direct the program to 'User Encoded' and the correct file location where I've installed FLAC.exe.  EAC rips the CD and the black DOS screen flashes for a split second then disappears.  This is similar to the behavior I witness when ripping to Lame API, except with Lame the black DOS screen remains minimalized as the encoder does its thing.

FLAC.exe apparently is active for just a few more seconds, as I then get the familiar "BEEP" telling me it's through.  However, not long enough for it to do any encoding, and in fact the files EAC creates are WAVs.  Presumably, these are the temp WAVs which are supposed to be deleted after compression is complete (I have the "delete WAV after compression" box checked).  I suppose since no compression actually takes place the files therefore don't get deleted.  It just seems like FLAC doesn't work.  Any suggestions??

Reply #1
In additional command options I have:
Code: [Select]
-T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s -8 -o %d

Reply #2
Make sure you hit the "MP3" button (even though you're encoding to flac), not the "WAV" button. I apologise if this sounds too obvious, but I've seen it happen to others.

Reply #3
Make sure you hit the "MP3" button (even though you're encoding to flac), not the "WAV" button. I apologise if this sounds too obvious, but I've seen it happen to others.

No apology necessary, taking any and all feedback I can get.  I am using the "MP3" (or shift/F5) -- but I think Legg has what I'm looking for...I just copied and pasted his param list and it worked!  Thanks!