Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is this 16 bit flac legitimate? (Read 2888 times) previous topic - next topic

Is this 16 bit flac legitimate?

Hi guys,I have a 16 bit flac audio with me which I am unaware if it is a legitimate one.I am very strict about ensuring the audio spectrogram for flac but for this one i have a slight confusion.So I want some experienced people to support me.For more reference I will also be uploading audio spectrogram of a m4a file which I got from another medium.

16-bit FLAC

m4a

Re: Is this 16 bit flac legitimate?

Reply #1
I compared your spectrum with mine (I used 24bit/44.1kHz edition) and it appears to be legit.

Anyway, using spectrum analyzer to determine audio quality is not good.
Anybody with little knowledge can easily convert lossy file into 24bit/192kHz lossless file with beautiful looking spectrum.
You need to download from "verified" websites. This is the only correct answer I can give you.
gold plated toslink fan

Reply #2
Upload 30 seconds sample.

Reply #4
I compared your spectrum with mine (I used 24bit/44.1kHz edition) and it appears to be legit.

Anyway, using spectrum analyzer to determine audio quality is not good.
Anybody with little knowledge can easily convert lossy file into 24bit/192kHz lossless file with beautiful looking spectrum.
You need to download from "verified" websites. This is the only correct answer I can give you.
Did you compare it with the same audio track?