Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SimPlaylist (foo_simplaylist) (Read 189590 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: SimPlaylist (foo_simplaylist)

Reply #375
sry for the bump, but it seems it's not just selecting all, but actually refreshing the search automatically. Is there any way to turn that function

Reply #376
An additional field would be very useful: %subgroups% = Number of subgroups in the group. Similar, as %items% in the group.
Benefits: i (and i think, many) use, mostly, album artist as group, and albums as subgroups. With %subgroups% we could see the number of albums right away.

Until then, the workaround is to switch to the Facets tab.

Reply #377
And would be useful, too: multiline popups (ballons) for cases, where text overflows even on the screen.

Reply #378
I know this is abandonware, but the unreliability of ctrl+z in SimPlaylists is really pissing me off lately.

Anyone got a suggestion for an alternative? I am scared to try and get on the ColumnsUI bandwagon after years of not using it, but could I achieve something similar in there?

Reply #379
Also, jumping into abantonware train, foobar2000 now supports webp cover art - but they do not show in simplaylist. Is there a way to enable that?
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #380
Not unless Frank comes back and recompiles it with the latest SDK.

Reply #381
So, he's gone from 2014, as I can see on his profile, but he's still 'Global Moderator'? :)
Too bad he didn't leave the source to someone to work forward. Eh... just ranting, sorry. I liked image on playlist, too bad it can't be done with official playlist manager.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #382
I know this is abandonware, but the unreliability of ctrl+z in SimPlaylists is really pissing me off lately.

Anyone got a suggestion for an alternative? I am scared to try and get on the ColumnsUI bandwagon after years of not using it, but could I achieve something similar in there?

Yup this pisses me off on a near-daily basis.
Would switching to Columns UI let me do what I do with SimPlaylist? I've never taken the plunge.

Reply #383
I have noticed that the setting "sorting pattern" does not work at all. Is this a bug or is there anything to note here?

I have the same album with exact same tags but with two different codec and I want to show the tracks grouped by codec, but SimPlaylist does not use the sorting I have configured.

Reply #384
^ The 'Sorting Pattern' option in SimPlaylist preferences is for when clicking the group column (never used it)

Library Viewers do the (default) sorting, Playlist Viewers do the grouping. So in that regard, you might rather want to set up a (sub-)grouping that includes the %codec% field in SimPlaylist.

For sorting meanwhile you could add %codec% (probably after %album%) to whichever library viewer sorting preferences you are using. (Though without testing I'm not sure of desired effect, and probably not necessary if grouping)

Cheers

Reply #385
Thank you. Now I understand.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021