Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp problem with Wavpack (Read 3922 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp problem with Wavpack

After 1 hr of puzzling, fiddling and searching I found the solution to this problem in one of my own doc files from 2008:

"Für wv keinen Eintrag bei Waveform Decoder machen, um den Dateityp in die Liste zu bekommen, sonst spielt Winamp keine Wavpack Dateien mehr ab!"

Meaning:
In Winamp under Options->General Preferences->File Types there's a list of associated file types, where you check/uncheck for which file types Winamp should be used as the default player.
The suggested way to have a new file type included here is to goto Preferences->Plug-ins->Input->Nullsoft Waveform Decoder and add the new entry there, like aif;ac3 etc.
Just don't do that with wv : Winamp will no longer play Wavpack files!

Just wanted to share this knowledge, and perhaps next time I'll find the information quicker here than this time. I don't think this is really a major problem anymore, because (I believe) that Winamp has by default the wv entry in the file type list now. It just used to be a standard routine for me to customize the list directly after installation and I forgot about this updated state of things.

Regards and thank you for Wavpack!

Winamp problem with Wavpack

Reply #1
Associating the WavPack extension to in_wave.dll doesn't make any sense since the correct input plug-in for it is in_wv.dll, and the file type becomes available in the Winamp General Preferences automatically once you install the relative plug-in.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100