Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI: refuses to list song by track number (Read 2885 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI: refuses to list song by track number

For a reason that I have yet to find out, Foobar is refusing to list songs by track number. It lists by artists, but songs within albums are in jumbled order. When I click on the track number icon, it just lists all of the songs that have 1 as their track order, then all of the songs with 2, and so on. There are a select few albums that are ordered correctly... possibly by randomness? Somebody please help me figure this out.

I'm running 1.0.3 with the following components:

Core (2010-04-29 14:43:38 UTC)
    foobar2000 core 1.0.3
foo_albumlist.dll (2010-04-29 12:35:36 UTC)
    Album List 4.4
foo_audioscrobbler.dll (2010-06-04 14:27:04 UTC)
    Audioscrobbler 1.4.7
foo_cdda.dll (2010-04-29 12:35:30 UTC)
    CD Audio Decoder 3.0
foo_converter.dll (2010-04-29 12:35:08 UTC)
    Converter 1.4.1
foo_discogs.dll (2010-06-26 17:22:45 UTC)
    Discogs Tagger 1.22
foo_dop.dll (2010-05-26 21:39:36 UTC)
    iPod manager 0.6.7.8
foo_dsp_std.dll (2010-04-29 12:35:48 UTC)
    Standard DSP Array 1.0
foo_input_std.dll (2010-04-29 12:35:34 UTC)
    Standard Input Array 1.0
foo_rgscan.dll (2010-04-29 12:35:12 UTC)
    ReplayGain Scanner 2.0.9
foo_ui_columns.dll (2010-05-03 13:38:32 UTC)
    Columns UI 0.3.8.6
foo_ui_std.dll (2010-04-29 12:35:56 UTC)
    Default User Interface 0.9.5
foo_uie_albumlist.dll (2009-06-13 22:49:19 UTC)
    Album list panel 0.3.5
foo_uie_typefind.dll (2007-10-22 21:30:44 UTC)
    Typefind 0.2 beta 2

Reply #1
Edit->Sort->...

elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
How are you sending, say an album, to the playlist?

Using the media / library viewer = album list?
If so, Foobar sorts your playlist by the sort structure of your current library view.

Tons of threads on this subject.

terry

Reply #3
I'm just looking at the default playlist with my entire library, then using Columns UI to choose the album. You can see the layout I'm using in my screenshot in the OP. You're right, when using Album List, its in correct order. Still, doesn't that eliminate the purpose of Columns UI if I can't even use it to get albums in correct order?

Reply #4
Learn what lexicographic ordering means, then setup the correct sort pattern, probably something like %album% | %tracknumber%.

Reply #5
I use the default user interface and can not hand you step by step directions. This issue is pretty basic to setup.

If you work through the help system, you should have no problem achieving a correct sort.
http://yuo.be/wiki/columns_ui:manual

Just FYI, it is generally easier to get a handle on foobar via using the Default interface - moving to columns when and if you push up into some limitation.
I see nothing in your screenshot that could not be done in the Default interface. YMMV.

terry

Reply #6
When I click on the track number icon, it just lists all of the songs that have 1 as their track order, then all of the songs with 2, and so on.

1. you are using Filters as media library viewer - in Filter preferences there is option called "Sort incoming files by" where you can enter some pattern like: %album artist% - %date% - %album% - %tracknumber%
- in this case when you select some Filter, items will be sent to your playlist viewer properly sorted (by the above pattern which could be just anything)

2. if you right click on tracknumber column title (that is your track number icon) and select "Edit this column" there you'll see "Sort" sub-tab in the "Scripts" tab, where you can enter custom sort pattern, so that when you click on that column title playlist items will be sorted by that pattern
- just enter something like above example pattern and don't forget to tick on "Use custom sort script"

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021