Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Possible Bug (Read 2400 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible Bug

Using Foobar .586, Windows 2000 SP2

Problem:  When using Masstagger on MP3's stored on a network server, foobar locks and cannot be turned off.  The computer requires a hard reboot to kill the foobar process.

Example:  I load up an album into foobar.  I clear *all* ID tag info.  One at a time I type in the track names.  Then attempt to use "Masstagger"  I define the artist, no problem, I define the album, also no problem.  But I select all the tracks one more time and attempt to set the Genre, bam, it's locked.

I've tried this several ways, it seems that sometimes masstagger will work, but eventually it will crash.  When it does, the lockup is quite severe.  It doesn't always crash on the same function either

The normal "show file info"  works perfectly.  Sadly, I don't have access to another computer to try this.