Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [solved]Didn't have foo_playcount installed (Read 2285 times) previous topic - next topic

[solved]Didn't have foo_playcount installed

This is the string for column control I am using:

%play_count% on %last_played%

The play_count just shows ?  The last_played works ok.

EDIT: Also I don't think last play date or count is being updated.

Everything else so far is working fine, although I did send a crash report in but found out it was caused by having the old fb2k open at the same time - they were both using windamp_dsp for izotope plugin.  I would ignore it at this point - worked when only 1 instance was running.

Please fix playcount or tell me what I did wrong as I won't switch over till that is done.

Thanks!

Reply #1
Do not know what you mean by Column control. Nevertheless,
A copy and paste of your titleformat string works fine here with same beta.
OS = xp

terry

A little more detail
I did test unplayed tracks also.
Show as  0 on N/A

Reply #2
Do you have foo_playcount installed?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #3
Do you have foo_playcount installed?

Ok - that fixed the play count!  Nice call!  It would seem to me that component should be included in the build.

BUT - now the last_played show N/A for everything.  Any clue?

Is the an update to playcount plugin?  Where is it?
Edit- found it but its the same one.

I take it both the old and new are using the same media library DB, so it is a bit scary - I think I will back up the DB before doing anything else..

Reply #4
You have the same media library, but that has nothing to do with your issue.

Foo_playcount stores it's information in PlaybackStatistics.dat.

It is recommended that you install newer foobar over previous installs. This would avoid your issue.
If this is a new install into a new directory, you can look in your old install and find PlaybackStatistics.dat.
As long as your media directory structure has not changed, I believe adding this to your new foobar profile directory may fix your trouble.

YMMV

terry

Reply #5
That did it!  I backed up old the old stuff just in case.  I read somewhere that you could do a portable install to play it safe and that is what set me down this path.  Sorry for any trouble.

Moderation: Removed useless full quote of the preceding post.