Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Inserting a 'Now playing' panel? (Read 3758 times) previous topic - next topic

Inserting a 'Now playing' panel?

I would love to add a panel within the columns UI interface of foobar that lists the 'now playing' playlist of songs. Similar to what you find on the right hand side of recent windows media player versions.

I cant seem to work out how to add in a panel that would contain this, and im sure there is an easy answer!

Could anyone help me out on this one. Thanks for any input.

Reply #1
Anyone know how to do this?

Reply #2
If you double-click the status bar "now playing" playlist will have focus in your playlist view.
If you want to have double playlist layout, let's say one for "active" playlist and other for some fixed name playlist (like Playback queue or something else) you can use ELPlaylist component.
Term "now playing" playlist isn't compatible with foobar

Reply #3
All playlists are capable of being played from directly in fb2k. This is a feature.

Once you read and understand this concept, you can go ahead and change the contents of your Now Browsing tab on your browser.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #4
If you double-click the status bar "now playing" playlist will have focus in your playlist view.

One thing doesn't work (and I HATE this):
When you play one song of the "Auto send Playlist" and you look around by clicking through any album list (who changes the "Auto send Playlist") then there is no way to come back to the original "Playing playlist". 
"Activate now playing" doesn't work either in that case.

Reply #5
When you play one song of the "Auto send Playlist" and you look around by clicking through any album list (who changes the "Auto send Playlist") then there is no way to come back to the original "Playing playlist"

Use Menu > Edit > Undo

Reply #7
If you want to have double playlist layout, let's say one for "active" playlist and other for some fixed name playlist (like Playback queue or something else) you can use ELPlaylist component.
Term "now playing" playlist isn't compatible with foobar

Thanks, ive installed the plug in, im not sure how to get it to display the 'now playing' list rather than the same thing as the NG playlist, (as its doing now). For example when browsing other artists in my library i just want the NG playlist to display them, but the ELplaylist to display the now playing playlist.

Sorry for my lack of understanding, im still getting used to foobar

Thanks again!

Reply #8
As said you can't really tell which playlist is now playing (I don't know why - probably because double playlist view wasn't intended to exist), so if you right click in ELPlaylist you can select some fixed playlist (first uncheck "follow active playlist") and that playlist will have focus in ELPlayist view all the time regardless active playlist which is shown in NG playlist

Now playing playlist and double playlist view was discussed many times in this forum so you can search for additional thoughts

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021