Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Decompressing MPCs w/ Monkey\'s Audio (Read 2178 times) previous topic - next topic

Decompressing MPCs w/ Monkey\'s Audio

I posted the following pleas for help the other day on the Monkey's Audio board but I haven't received an answer from anybody as of yet maybe someone on this board has overcome this hurdle already?  Thanks in advance.

-----------------------
Hey Monkey,

Maybe you can help me.  For the first time I've needed to decompress some of my MusePack MPCs and haven't been able to do it using MA.  I tried installing the latest, greatest of all the available parts (MA 3.94b1 and Klemm's mppdec .98z2) and still no luck.  I've tried using both the 'decompress' tool as well as the 'convert' tool but no go.  I have a feeling that MA may be calling on mppenc.exe rather than mppdec.exe when the decompress command is issued.  Any ideas.  Many thanks.

An addendum:

I just downloaded and successfully used the basic decoder frontend 'mppdecfr.exe' with the .98z2 release so I don't think there is anything broken with the decoder per se.  I did notice that there was a check box for 'Mppdec.exe by Frank Klemm is used'.  Maybe there is a certain syntax for addressing Klemm's decoder?  Anyway, the frontend works, which is all that matters, but it is nowhere near as elegant Matt's GUI.  I'd love to be able to do all my compression, tagging, and decompression tasks from within MA.  It really is a wonderful piece of software.  Thanks again.