Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: More wasapi issues (Read 1841 times) previous topic - next topic

More wasapi issues

Hey all,
I promise not to complain here.  I am using the newest version of foobar (0.9.6.4)  in what I have termed a portable sandbox until I have everything down. (My main install is still at some earlier flavor of 0.9) I usually use ASIO+ASIO4All to output to my usb multichannel speakers, but limiting the output to stereo output, unless I'm feelin' all fancy and I throw on xover (not that this is an option on 0.9.6.4 side...). Issue: foo_output_wasapi refuses to output to the usb speakers, while the internal sound card will work just fine.  i dug into some info and figured out windows defaults the speakers to 48kHz, 16 bit, 6 channels. is this just "stereo source to multichannel output" flub? and am i out of luck until someone updates a crossover dsp for the new sdk? pertinent info below

Vista SP1
Multichannel USB Speakers <- want to work
Internal Realtek stereo <-works
foobar 0.9.6.4
  • resampler (PPHS) 44.1kHz->48kHz
  • foo_output_wasapi
Thanks in advance

More wasapi issues

Reply #1
recompiled xover here

[edit] wasapi complains here