Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs to download Only album art automatically (Read 4192 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_discogs to download Only album art automatically

As mentioned in the topic, I'd like to use foo_discogs to download only the Album Art for the currently playing song automatically without writing Tags from discogs. is this possible? Or is there another plugin which does so?

Thanks for your help,

Iltis

Reply #1
you can go to "discogs > edit tags mapping" and disable the option for writting tags

Reply #2
Yes I know, and I just did that, BUT:

the discogs Plugin doesn't seem to download Infos automatically and although I disabled all tags to write, it just "does" something, but I don't know what exactly.

Reply #3
well, you can make a copy file and compare.
although here is ok, nothing is writen (i've tested and re-checked my mappings;)

and there are other tools, if you want only album art. maybe you know this: Album Art Downloader, but it requires .NET 3.5

Reply #4
I just don't get it to work. I would like to scan my Media Library and, if there isn't already a file called %album%.jpg in my <root>\Album Art\ folder i would like to donwload them. I neither can make Album Art Downloader read the library nor keep the folder structure. What shall I do?

Thanks for your patience and help.

Reply #5
hey, that's hard to accomplish
have a look here, and i hope you won't be disapointed