Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Display album cover arts. (Read 13651 times) previous topic - next topic

Display album cover arts.

Hi
There is still one more thing i coudn't do - and still can't,is to display album cover arts.
I downloaded all the plugins  , and still it doesn't work. How do i do it?
Thanks for your help

Reply #1
You have to give more informations:
- Which Interface do you use?
- Which pugins do you use and which settings do you have?
- Which system for your cover art do you have(i.e. several schemes? Cover art in the folder of the music? a serat Cover art folder?)

Screenshot of the settings would be helpful

Reply #2
Hi
Here are the components i have installed:
foo browser
foo ui_columns
foo_uie_albumart
foo_uie_albumlis
foo_uie_quicksearch
foo albumart downloader
All of my music is flac files.

I am using foobar 9.5.2 version.

Thanks

Reply #3
Hi
foo ui_columns
foo_uie_albumart
foo albumart downloader

Are you using Columns ui ?
Okay. Did you put the album art viewer in your layout?
And which settings are you using?
Where is your cover art stored?

Screenshot please..

Reply #4

Hi
foo ui_columns
foo_uie_albumart
foo albumart downloader

Are you using Columns ui ?
Okay. Did you put the album art viewer in your layout?
And which settings are you using?
Where is your cover art stored?

Screenshot please..

Hi and good morning

I think i messed up with my laptop and i need to do everything from the begining.
Please let me know what components do i need and how to use them.
Thank you very very much for your help David

Reply #5
Album art is supported out of the box with the newer foobar versions. Just use one of those. (There's are even ready made layouts with artwork in them).

Reply #6
Album art is supported out of the box with the newer foobar versions. Just use one of those. (There's are even ready made layouts with artwork in them).

Hi,
I tried several times to display cover art with the latest version 9.5.2 - without success.
The cover arts are stored in jpg within the file.What else can be done?
Thanks a lot

Reply #7
I tried several times to display cover art with the latest version 9.5.2 - without success.
Thanks a lot

Do you mean you have a jpg for the file within the album folder or do you mean embedded tags?

The album art viewer supports commonly used names like folder.jpg, cover, front etc. (You might want to check the HA thread for the complete list of things supported).

If you could provide more detail about how the artwork is stored, we could determine a solution.

Reply #8

Thanks a lot

Do you mean you have a jpg for the file within the album folder or do you mean embedded tags?

The album art viewer supports commonly used names like folder.jpg, cover, front etc. (You might want to check the HA thread for the complete list of things supported).

If you could provide more detail about how the artwork is stored, we could determine a solution.

Hi,
I ment that i have stored the jpg for the file, within the album folder and still woudn't display it.
Thanks a lot  for your help

Reply #9
So how did you name the coverfile?Which filtype has it?

Maybe you should use foo_uie_albumart with the following setting:
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*.*

Reply #10
So how did you name the coverfile?Which filtype has it?

Maybe you should use foo_uie_albumart with the following setting:
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*.*

Hi,
The files are all flac,and i didn't name the coverfile.(When i rip a cd into flac,i get:name of the band,title and year,and after that i download cover art as jpg and store it into the file.)

Thanks for your help

Reply #11
Ahh okay I see  Then I missunderstood what you have said.
Since I am not using embedded cover images in flac maybe other user can help.

First of all: Get this version of albumart. Have you installed this one?
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=54138

But there a a few things which aren't clear for me:
Are you ripping several Flacfiles or do you create a image?
How do you save the imagefile in the flac(Which program?Foobar can't do this.)?
Your coverart must have a name because you would call it ".jpg".

Reply #12
Ahh okay I see  Then I missunderstood what you have said.
Since I am not using embedded cover images in flac maybe other user can help.

First of all: Get this version of albumart. Have you installed this one?
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=54138

But there a a few things which aren't clear for me:
Are you ripping several Flacfiles or do you create a image?
How do you save the imagefile in the flac(Which program?Foobar can't do this.)?
Your coverart must have a name because you would call it ".jpg".

Hi,

I am using EAC to rip my cd's into flac files.I am doing so  one at time.After the rip is done iam using foo album art downloader to get the cover art, and than i save the picture at the relevant file,and than i switch to quick setup in the latest version of foobar 9.5.2 to display cover art - but with no success.

Reply #13
Okay. I have just tested the follwing:
Rip a file with Foobar2000 into flac. I open Mp3tag(the latest one) save the picture downloaded by Album art downloader in the tag. When using DUI the Cover is shown in Album Art Viewer.

The question is how do ypou save the cover in the tag?

Reply #14
...stored the jpg for the file, within the album folder

...and store it into the file

...and than i save the picture at the relevant file

so there you made three different statements about storing your album art file! I still doesn't get which you are currently using. (and the last one could even be either way... in file OR folder)
I think the problem could be, because Spirit of the ocean tested the embedded way, that you already have your cover art IN THE FILE'S FOLDER but without renaming it from it's original source (but I have to say that I have no idea how the album art downloader works). without proper filename (folder.jpg / front.jpg / cover.jpg), foobar cannot recognize the file to display it in DUI's Album Art Viewer!

Try to give us some more DETAILED informations if the problem still presists!
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

Reply #15
I myself must say that I am confused because I don't really understand what devore exactly means. Callisto you quotet the sentences which are a bit imprecise. I can understand because sometimes writing in english is hard when you aren't a native speaker.

@devore: I am german. If you're german too we could write Pms in german.

I myself use the Album Art downloader which is a really great application. If there are the problems I could help, too.

Like kanak and callisto said:
Give us a more detailed version containing the following information:
- a)Are the covers stored in a folder with the music or b.)are they saved into the flac-files(means in the tags)?
- if a.) Which filename do the covers have?
- if b.) When the cover is correctly stored in the tag foobar2000 Dui viewer must show it otherwise something went wrong with saving the cover.

I am away since sunday when I return. Maybe a solutrion is found until then.

Reply #16
I myself must say that I am confused because I don't really understand what devore exactly means. Callisto you quotet the sentences which are a bit imprecise. I can understand because sometimes writing in english is hard when you aren't a native speaker.

@devore: I am german. If you're german too we could write Pms in german.

I myself use the Album Art downloader which is a really great application. If there are the problems I could help, too.

Like kanak and callisto said:
Give us a more detailed version containing the following information:
- a)Are the covers stored in a folder with the music or b.)are they saved into the flac-files(means in the tags)?
- if a.) Which filename do the covers have?
- if b.) When the cover is correctly stored in the tag foobar2000 Dui viewer must show it otherwise something went wrong with saving the cover.

I am away since sunday when I return. Maybe a solutrion is found until then.

Hi to you,
I wasn't in front of my computer during the weekend , so here i am back.
I double checked my self and i do apologize - i do need to correct my self.

After the rip is done ,the file is saved in my music folder(file name.flac), and the cover art is stored in the folder itself.
'Spirit_of_the_ocean'  - hello to you i am from israel.
Thanks for your help

Reply #17
Are you saying that the cover art file is stored in the exact same folder as the flac files?

If that is correct and you cover art files are named folder.jpg then I can't see why you don't see any cover art in foobar.

Reply #18
So may I ask you: your problem is solved or not?

I think your problem is about the name of the album art.
Just name your album art cover as folder.jpg, cover.jpg, front.jpg, back.jpg, cd*.jpg, or %album%.jpg, etc. whatever you like. Folder.jpg is recommended.

Suppose you use folder.jpg as the cover's name, and keep the album art cover in the same album folder where the audio file is:

1)If you are using Default UI, like sindred said, this shouldn't be a problem.

2)If you are using Columns UI (latest version), there are several panels can display the album art; depends on what components you have installed.
-2a) Artwork view (Columns UI built-in): In the Preferences -> Columns UI-> Artwork repository -> Front scripts:
Code: [Select]
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,folder.*)

( * means various format, support jpg, png, bmp etc.)
-2b) Album Art: In the Source tab, just use the default setting.

Reply #19
Hi,

I tried to display the cover art - and it does work.
Thanks a lot for your help!!

Reply #20
Hi all,
I have another problem with the artwork panel. I can't get it to display the general "No cover art" picture that I have stored in the central foobar directory. I put the following string in the "Front" category:

Code: [Select]
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,cover.*),--C:\Programme\Foobar\components\default.png

With that string I get foobar to display those covers that are stored in the folders with the album or song but it doesn't show the general one. Probably mysyntax is wrong. Can somebody maybe help.

Thanks
praetorian23

Reply #21
@praetorian
If you want to display a specified no cover art, you have to go to "advanced settings".

File-->Preferences-->Advanced-->Display-->"Image to display when no cover art can be found"
Here you have to type in the path to your default.png

Reply #22
@praetorian
If you want to display a specified no cover art, you have to go to "advanced settings".

File-->Preferences-->Advanced-->Display-->"Image to display when no cover art can be found"
Here you have to type in the path to your default.png

Yep, that's it, now it works. Thank you for the answer.
praetorian23

Reply #23
What i need to put in columns _ui -> artwork in Front source to see images. My music front images are exactly named like folders -> Afu-Ra - Body Of The Life Force [2000] and image is stored in this folder and named Afu-Ra - Body Of The Life Force [2000].jpg. I put  -> $replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*.jpg what i need to change?

Reply #24
What i need to put in columns _ui -> artwork in Front source to see images. My music front images are exactly named like folders

$directory(%path%,1)