Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar 0.9.5 fails to play high-bitrate mp3s (Read 2374 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar 0.9.5 fails to play high-bitrate mp3s

Hello

I've found that high bitrate mp3s are not played correctly with foobar2000 v0.9.5 :-( WinAmp plays those files fine so I believe that there is no problem with mp3 file.

First of all it is strange that play time for those files are displayed as 2 minutes 38 seconds but WinAmp shows that it is 3 minutes and 48 seconds. And when foobar2000 is playing such high bitrate file it stops after 2:38 and starts to play next file in the play list. No error message is generated and console is empty.

Sample file that is not played correctly can be downloaded from http://files.adamant.ua/8973 (9123KB)

If it is possible - take a look please.

Thank you.

Reply #2
I see. Thank you very much for this link because I failed to find it by myself.

But may be it would be better to show error that high bitrate files are not supported? And don't play those files at all?

Reply #3
Almost no hardware or software players handle freeformat mp3s, and very few "fail" gracefully. However, fb2k is strange in appearing to play, while not doing!