Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Linux/Mozilla 1.2.1 font issues (Read 3200 times) previous topic - next topic

Linux/Mozilla 1.2.1 font issues

Hello,

has anyone using Mozilla 1.2 on Linux noticed font issues? I was using Mozilla 1.0 without problems for a long time, but upgraded to 1.2 just now. I've lost my previous settings in the process.

Anyway, by default the fonts in HA are way, waaay to small. I thought it was the wrong skin, but I've checked and I'm using the default one, which seems to be the large fonts skin as far as I can tell.

HA is completely unusable, having 8 and 9 pixel fonts which are unreadable. Only fix I've found so far is to enforce 11 or 12 pixels minimum font size.

Reply #1
Which Distribution are you using?
If you are using RedHat8 try using the xft RPMs.

And there is an option callled "minum font-size" try playing around with that...

dev0
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #2
I have to up my font size sometimes which is kind of annoying but im used to it. I use Galeon which uses the gecko engine. I wouldnt say its unreadable but its sometimes uncomfortable.