Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 2 icons for tak' file type in foobar (Read 10220 times) previous topic - next topic

2 icons for tak' file type in foobar

I've done 2 icons for tak' file type in foobar : Tak icons

Reply #2
Really nice!
You should post these in the tak logo thread!
I just like listening to music

Reply #3
The second is better !

Reply #4
i use it 

Reply #5
The contents of the .reg file can't a) be enough for properly registering and b) only works where %programfiles% == "program files". Better leave it out of the .rar, as well as "thumbs.db". But hey, thanks for the icons.

Reply #6
I applaud the initiative, but it's just too similar to the existing MPC icon. It'd be awesome if you could change the color more distinct or TBeck could help us out by picking a color perhaps?

Reply #7
Perhaps something similar to this?
)

By the way, the reason why the face should ideally be black and the eyes are light is because lossless codecs all share that concept; compare Monkey's Audio, FLAC, WavPack), whereas light face and black eyes are usually lossy. But this is by no means a convention that can't be broken.
UED77
wavpack 4.50 -hx3; lame 3.97 -V4 --vbr-new

Reply #8
I applaud the initiative, but it's just too similar to the existing MPC icon. It'd be awesome if you could change the color more distinct or TBeck could help us out by picking a color perhaps?

I would prefer blue, which is also the color of the logos (in the logo thread) i like the most. But the initial icons look very good too...

It's a pity, that i haven't choosen a logo yet.

Thomas

Reply #9
[deleted]

Reply #10
Perhaps something similar to this?
)

By the way, the reason why the face should ideally be black and the eyes are light is because lossless codecs all share that concept; compare Monkey's Audio, FLAC, WavPack), whereas light face and black eyes are usually lossy. But this is by no means a convention that can't be broken.

Unfortunately the shorten icon looks almost exactly like that.

How about a more saturated version of aeroman's second (akin to wavpack compared to mp3)?

edit: s/first/second

Reply #11
Well, it's your turn ! before i upload another blue one,
but mpc.icon is white on black and tak.icon is black face on white letters 

Reply #12
My attempt:

(using the bottom part of aeroman's and the top part of the wavpack icon (tone shifted -150 in the Gimp))

Reply #14
Great icon gaekwad2.
Here is a new one in waiting for a better one 

Tak icons

Reply #15
Why not try yellow ones.
I can't remember if any fb2k icons used bright yellow color.

*EDIT:
i was wrong, WMA uses bright yellow.
what about purple...?

Reply #17
Here's my attempt.

It's a little dark, but there's so few colors left.  There's always hot pink, which looks awesome, but it doesn't feel like an appropriate color for TAK.

It's kinda funny that everybody likes blue.  I specifically changed my .wv font to the shorten blue so it would match the website.  The red never made sense to me.

I really like prawns' icon in the logo thread, and that's what i'll probably use once begin to use TAKs.  I suppose this is good enough if you NEED a foobar icon.  It's not like I ever used the orange FLAC icon.

Reply #18
Here is a third one which is my best attempt i think, and my last one made with Gimp : Tak icons 

(x3) 8 bp, 1-bit alpha,256-slot palette
and
(x3) 32 bpp, 8-bit alpha, no palette.