Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mpv converting (Read 2521 times) previous topic - next topic

mpv converting

i have an mkv file

i have looked about on the net and was advised to get MKVtoolnix..which i downlaoded and installed

I need to rip the audio and the video from the file ...it says i need to use mkvextract however when i start the mkvtoolnix it goes to mkvmerge not mkvextrcat

can someone please tell hiw i extract the audio and video files from the original mkv please

thanks

mpv converting

Reply #1
ok

i have managed to get the video and the audio ripped out

i have ended up with a h264 video file and an ac3 audio file and a chapters text document

where do i go from here

what i ultimately would like to do is make these 2 files into an avi xvid or something so that i can then convert to dvd format

any help please

would be much appreciated

thanks

mpv converting

Reply #2
xvid and videodvd have nothing incomon, do you want videodvd or xvid?
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung