Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack problems (Read 4267 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack problems

hi! back again...

having a prob when i rip using 'Create Image + Cue Sheet' compressed this time!!

1.  i insert cd, get the names from internet automatically etc.
2    i click 'Copy Image + Cue Sheet' > Compressed, Eac 'Compression Options'   
      are set to 'User Defined Encoder', File extension '.wv'
      -w "Artist=%a" -w "Title=%t" -w "Album=%g" -w "Year=%y" -w "Track=%n" -      w "Genre=%m" -h %s %d

after ripping i get two files, a .wv.wv image, and a .wv.cue cuesheet file.

when i load the .wv.cue file into Foobar it says 'cannot find referenced file in cuesheet' or something........
this is because in the cuesheet it looks for a .wv file, NOT a .wv.wv file!!!
renaming the .wv.cue file to look for a .wv.wv file makes it load fine in Foobar,

has anyone seen this before or know how to change the cuesheet file to look for the correct format?? i thought i may be something to do with the 'Hide extensions for known file types' option in Windows....

Cheers,

Matteo

WavPack problems

Reply #1
This is a well-known EAC issue - EAC doesn't like non-three letter extensions.  It does the same with FLAC and LA.

If you use a tool like WACK or REACT it helps solve this stupid problem.

NB: It is easier and more sensible to rename "<name>.wv.wv" to "<name>.wv" than to amend the cuesheet FILE reference.
I'm on a horse.

WavPack problems

Reply #2
lol! yeh i remember hearing about the extension problem! must hav illuded me!!

how do the othe programs get round it? are they finite soultions?, ie. are they the only way of making it work other than renaming .wv.wv. to .wv?

i remember from my earlier posts that u yourself use wavpack images, do u use the other programs or jus rename the file?

cheers

Matteo

WavPack problems

Reply #3
I use REACT.

I believe REACT works around it by naming encoded files itself, and bypassing EAC's renaming phase by not following the standard process (i.e.: "<name>.wav" -> "<temp>.wav" -> "<temp>.xxx" -> "<name>.xxx").
I'm on a horse.

WavPack problems

Reply #4
I do it all straight from EAC with:

-hmw "CUESHEET=@*.cue" %s %d

I rip to a clean (empty) directory, the resulting wavpack file has the cuesheet embedded and the .wv.wv extension, I the simply remove the extra .wv and move the file to the directory where I keep all my image files. I'ts pretty simple.
we was young an' full of beans

WavPack problems

Reply #5
2    i click 'Copy Image + Cue Sheet' > Compressed, Eac 'Compression Options'   
      are set to 'User Defined Encoder', File extension '.wv'
      -w "Artist=%a" -w "Title=%t" -w "Album=%g" -w "Year=%y" -w "Track=%n" -      w "Genre=%m" -h %s %d

There's no point in tagging an image with "Title" and "Track" tags...

Use this instead :

-hm -w "Artist=%a" -w "Album=%g" -w "Year=%y" -w "Genre=%m" %s

If you wan't the cuesheet embedded, then use this instead :

-hm -w "Cuesheet=@*.cue" -w "Artist=%a" -w "Album=%g" -w "Year=%y" -w "Genre=%m" %s

(Use a clean ripping directory, since there must only be one cuesheet present...)

I have added -m to your command line, which calculates and stores an MD5 signature of the original unencoded audio data, which can be used to verify the integrity of the image with later...

Edit: Typo: Corrected "-h" to "-m".

WavPack problems

Reply #6
I have added -h to your command line, which calculates and stores an MD5 signature of the original unencoded audio data, which can be used to verify the integrity of the image with later...
Code: [Select]
          -h  = high quality (best compression in all modes, but slower)
         -m  = compute & store MD5 signature of raw audio data

I know you know this.
I'm on a horse.

WavPack problems

Reply #7
thanks guys!! looks like ive finally got this sorted!!, can now rip my 100's of cds content that 'i know wat im doing' !!!

cheers for all the replies!

until we meet again,

Matteo

WavPack problems

Reply #8
I have added -h to your command line, which calculates and stores an MD5 signature of the original unencoded audio data, which can be used to verify the integrity of the image with later...
Code: [Select]
          -h  = high quality (best compression in all modes, but slower)
         -m  = compute & store MD5 signature of raw audio data

I know you know this.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=350076"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I can't believe that i posted -h instead of -m  Now i'm really embarassed 

Thank's for the correction Synthetic Soul

Edit: Typo.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021