Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: wa3plugz_488 for winamp 3 final (Read 5748 times) previous topic - next topic

wa3plugz_488 for winamp 3 final

Reply #1
:thumbs up:

finally.  now I can stop using Winamp2 to play my APE files.

[edit] Ummm... what?!  Peter took out APE support?!  fuckin christ

:thumbs down:

[edit2] fuck man.  i am pissed.  i waited this past week for you to finish up on this update and now you take ape support out? :mad:  i hope your just temporarily working on it.

Reply #2
well, to make long story short, i got tired of doing monkey's job (while he kept breaking his sdk compatibility). he does have my old cnv_ape sourcecode, why don't you ask him.
[edit] and ape support actually got removed ages ago, you must have missed that.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
Originally posted by zZzZzZz
well, to make long story short, i got tired of doing monkey's job (while he kept breaking his sdk compatibility). he does have my old cnv_ape sourcecode, why don't you ask him.
alright.  i understand.  I'll go bug him about it.  TO THE MA FORUMS!

Originally posted by zZzZzZz
[edit] and ape support actually got removed ages ago, you must have missed that.
.  hmmm..  well, I skipped the last few RC builds so I guess I did.

Reply #5
I think it's very nice that winamp2 is still updated, as it is still my player of choice for the time being.

How long will there be support for winamp2 anyway ?

Reply #6
Originally posted by Benny.X
I think it's very nice that winamp2 is still updated, as it is still my player of choice for the time being.

How long will there be support for winamp2 anyway ?
Probably for a very long time.  I don't see it's popularity fading for a long long time.

Reply #7
i read on the winamp forums that Justin is still workin in WA2.x and that WA2.81 is soon to be released.

Reply #8
Originally posted by MyMaster
i read on the winamp forums that Justin is still workin in WA2.x and that WA2.81 is soon to be released.

That's even better news.

I expected that development of winamp 2.x would be stopped, but it's more the other way around.

Reply #9
Hooray for Peter as always.

Reply #10
I can't believe I didn't think of just using the Winamp 2 Input plugin to use the Winamp 3 APE plugin.

Reply #11
What's with the lack of bass as compared to Winamp2 under Windows XP? Is it just me, or are others having this same problem? And no it's not my EQ which is always disabled.
The sky is blue.

Reply #12
Originally posted by mpcfiend
What's with the lack of bass as compared to Winamp2 under Windows XP? Is it just me, or are others having this same problem? And no it's not my EQ which is always disabled.

um. i haven't noticed anything of the sort. and i'm somewhat surprised that you can hear a difference, since the decoders haven't changed at all.

Reply #13
dito

Reply #14
Just to let you guys know, the WA3 Pluginz pack has been updated AGAIN today on Peters page, along with something entirely new...a Winamp3 update pack.

Bugfixes???

Reply #15
Originally posted by SNYder
alright.  i understand.   I'll go bug him about it.  TO THE MA FORUMS!
Change to FLAC instead... There you have a format with a real future...

Reply #16

Figured it out. It was my soundcard drivers for XP. Coincidentally, they worked fine with the WaveOut plugin in WA2, but not the DirectSound plugin. That's obviously what WA3 uses, or a derivative of. So I just stole my Live! back from my Linux box and I haven't had trouble since. 
The sky is blue.

Reply #17
Peter, I noticed you have a wa3update.exe up now.  Whats the difference between that and wa3plugz_488.exe?  is it like a lite version of wa3plugz_488.exe?

Reply #18
wa3update is a "lite" version for techsupport and stuff (doesn't contain components not needed by an average Winamp user)
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #19
anyway what s happening with winamp 3 I will never use it because I love my winamp 2.xx
shinjis

Reply #20
You can play .ape, .flac, .mpc, etc. by copying and pasting your Winamp 2.xx in_xxx.dll plugs into the Winamp 3 plugin folder.  Anyway, it works for me.

Later.
"Did you just say he contacts you through a bird? Did I just hear you say that?" Sonny Valerio (Cliff Gorman). Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai.