Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: virtualdubmod and matrox mjpeg problem (Read 4985 times) previous topic - next topic

virtualdubmod and matrox mjpeg problem

i would like my path in virtualdubmod to be:

- open huffyuv (with audio)
- do some filters
- save audio as wav
- disable audio
- encode to matrox mjpeg

but this gives me somehow borken video-only files (will crash mplayer2 for example)

if i do:

- do some filters
- encode to matrox mjpeg (with audio)

or

- do some filters
- save audio as wav
- disable audio
- encode to huffyuv

the files are fine.

is that some known bug or is there a way to somehow go around this.. ?

tia, smok3

p.s. i used 'full processing mode' in all the examples above.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #1
update: the crash seems not to be vdubmod related, basically any matrox mjpeg video-only file will crash the mplayer2, gspot reports this:

---------------------------------------------
Warning: DirectShow crashed while attempting to render this file.

This is usually due to damaged, misconfigured, conflicting, or poorly written codec drivers.  It is possible, perhaps even likely, that other media players will crash when they attempt to play this file as well, as most of them will also use DirectShow.  GSpot was able to intercept the crash, and has attempted to identify the codec or filter involved; uninstalling or reinstalling this codec or filter may solve the problem.

The codec was tentatively identified as:

C:\WINNT\system32\MQRIFFS.ax
---------------------------------------------

any ideas on how to fix that?

(p.s. aida32 basic config report:
http://somestuff.org/txt/dualcpu_aida.txt )
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8

Reply #2

if reinstalling doesnt help... (you didnt get it from some crazy codec pack right?)

then don't use Matrox with video only files... i have seen matrox braking some rules before BTW. with some of their capturing hardware they resetted the frame counters somewhere after the file had become 4 GB. this caused programs to crash right after the frame where the counter was resetted.
"We cannot win against obsession. They care, we don't. They win."

Reply #3

if reinstalling doesnt help... (you didnt get it from some crazy codec pack right?)

then don't use Matrox with video only files... i have seen matrox braking some rules before BTW. with some of their capturing hardware they resetted the frame counters somewhere after the file had become 4 GB. this caused programs to crash right after the frame where the counter was resetted.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=239223"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

reinstalling wont help, and no its not from some codec pack (downloaded directly from matrox) and it happens with small files.

Reply #4
then you really should ask matrox what is going on, it is their filter that is crashing after all. BTW - do those files open normally in virtualdub(mod)?

Reply #5
then you really should ask matrox what is going on, it is their filter that is crashing after all. BTW - do those files open normally in virtualdub(mod)?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=239227"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

they do open in vdub (but afaik vdub is using its own mjpeg decoder , no?), but they look weird, like something funny going on with fields.

Reply #6
not sure actually (you could check in the file info, personally i thought not all mjpeg was compatible with each other, could be wrong though)

anyway...

what happens if you create avs script:
Code: [Select]
avisource ("c:\mymatroxfile.avi")

and open that in your player... it should bypass the directshow filter...

Reply #7
>avisource ("c:\mymatroxfile.avi")

yeah, vfw is working fine - only the wierd borken field problem resists.... (btw, how do i see what decoders is avisynth using?)
AVISource("test.avi").Info # returns:

you could check in the file info
actually i was wrong - vdub is using matrox vfw filter for decompressing.

Reply #8
yeah, vfw is working fine. (btw, how do i see what decoders is avisynth using?)

in principle it uses the same one as VDub as they both use the AVIFile interface. In your case, as you have a file created by VirtualDub (which is partly openDML) AVIsynth uses code ported from VDub to open such files. so whatever VDub is using, AVIsynth is using too (via avisource)

no, they are not, otherwise i would just use picvideo or something that wont crash dshow 

well then

actually i was wrong - vdub is using matrox vfw filter for decompressing.

and thus avisynth is too

this doesnt solve your problems with the directshowfilter though... although i dont know what would 

Reply #9
maybe i should really just use picvideo and hope for the best ...

i got this from picvideo support:
We have not tested on that hardware. We do know that some hardware MJPEG
implementations require multiple fields when frame sizes exceed some limit.
I'd ask Matrox their specs fo rht ehardware or just try it with some of your
video. The codec allows you to configure the field dimenstions in the
configuration dialog.

so it is a bit scary...

Reply #10
ah... whats the worst thing that can happen? picvideo crashing directshow

Reply #11
ah... whats the worst thing that can happen? picvideo crashing directshow
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=239275"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

nope, that would be digisuite crashing in the middle of the broadcast... (blame me, i used codec that is just 95% compatible (picvideo 4 example)  )