Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Forum Software Updated (Read 26411 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum Software Updated

Reply #50
I have found a little but annoying thing: When you go, for example, to the foobar's general forum and then you want to go to the support forum, there is nothing happening - support forum do not load and there's a message on my browser's (MyIE2) status bar: Script error. But when you hit "GO" buttun, you can enter support forum.

Forum Software Updated

Reply #51
Thanks, this should be fixed now.

Forum Software Updated

Reply #52
I found a minor problem.  On the homepage, the "Today's Active Topics" doesn't work unless you are logged in.  It used to work even if you weren't.

(whoops. forgot to say what it's doing.  That link brings up an empty search result page if you are not logged in, but works properly if you are)

Forum Software Updated

Reply #53
I found a minor problem.  On the homepage, the "Today's Active Topics" doesn't work unless you are logged in.  It used to work even if you weren't.

(whoops. forgot to say what it's doing.  That link brings up an empty search result page if you are not logged in, but works properly if you are)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224518"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I mentioned this earlier in the thread.  This is the default behavior of the forum software now.

Forum Software Updated

Reply #54
I must say I like the new look!

One thing I noticed: I used to log in and be presented with the "Active Topics" page; now I'm dumped at the forum listing page after login. I don't know whether this is a feature, a bug or simply a change with the forum software upgrade, but is it possible to set a preference to be shown the Active Topics page after login?

Forum Software Updated

Reply #55
I must say I like the new look!

One thing I noticed: I used to log in and be presented with the "Active Topics" page; now I'm dumped at the forum listing page after login. I don't know whether this is a feature, a bug or simply a change with the forum software upgrade, but is it possible to set a preference to be shown the Active Topics page after login?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224582"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks.

I'm not sure what link you were using to access the forum, but you shouldn't have been presented with an active topics view just by logging in AFAIK.  This not the default behavior.

For that matter, I'm not sure this kind of functionality really calls for a specific modification to the way the software works.  Wouldn't it be just as easy to bookmark the active topics page and access the site that way?

Forum Software Updated

Reply #56
Hi

I received a PM today and didnt realise I had a new PM.  I kind of liked the way the link used to change to a red color if you had any unread PMs.

Is there any change of bringing this back

Forum Software Updated

Reply #57
I've gone through and tightened up a few of these things.  There are other areas I could do the same thing with, but at some point it starts to reach approach the domain of diminishing returns.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224324"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks. Also, I wouldn't have noticed your reply if I hadn't tried out "Outline" view. Nice feature to keep track of who is responding to whom. The software update seems like a good step!

Forum Software Updated

Reply #58
Hi

I received a PM today and didnt realise I had a new PM.  I kind of liked the way the link used to change to a red color if you had any unread PMs.

Is there any change of bringing this back
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224657"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's already on the internal todo list, don't worry 

Forum Software Updated

Reply #59
That's already on the internal todo list, don't worry 

WOW, i just got another PM.  I definetly noticed it that time

Forum Software Updated

Reply #60
Attachments not displaying properly in non-IE browsers should be fixed now.

Forum Software Updated

Reply #61
A little off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread...

I was thinking if there was any way to sticky the FAQ to the first post of active topics on the front page?  It seems that we've been getting an influx of new members recently and I've seen alot of very basic and/or oft answered questions popping up.  Most of these could be answered in the FAQ but a lot of new members don't see it. 

And maybe something in the FAQ explaining the wonderful search function of the forums...
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Forum Software Updated

Reply #62
it wont keep me logged in anymore when i close my web browser (Mozilla Firefox)...

it did before and still does with other fora... anyone else with this problem?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224143"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try clearing cache and delete your cookies.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224145"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Cleared cache, removed cookies - I choose "remmeber me" and forum "forgets me"

Forum Software Updated

Reply #64
It's also very hard for me to connect on HA since two weeks. The board is accessible, but the following page is the only thing I could see:
http://membres.lycos.fr/guruboolez/HA_pbm.PNG

Apparently, the IP range of my provider is blocked (80.xx...). I have to connect/disconnect several time before I could obtain an accepted IP (193.xxxx). I don't know how long this painful but useful solution will work. My provider is Wanadoo.

Forum Software Updated

Reply #65
Apparently, the IP range of my provider is blocked (80.xx...). I have to connect/disconnect several time before I could obtain an accepted IP (193.xxxx). I don't know how long this painful but useful solution will work. My provider is Wanadoo.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224994"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm sorry for that, i banned a range that was too wide. I thought i checked each IP range, but it happened a bit in a hurry because we had a "situation" with all banlists being empty, and each IP had to be re-entered manually. Everything should work again now.

edit: But what do you mean with "since two weeks"? It's only been 3 days now.

Forum Software Updated

Reply #68
Go to Lo-Fi version and try to use "<{POST_SNAPBACK}>" - I thought that it should cause to view quoted post (maybe I misunderstand) - but it always cause to view main page od HA.org...

Forum Software Updated

Reply #70
For me, http://replaygain.hydrogenaudio.org/ is displaying a zope quickstart page at the moment.

This is a friendly reminder just in case it goes unnoticed.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=225162"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This should be fixed now.

Forum Software Updated

Reply #71
Quick question:

EDIT: not quick enough! you beat me to it!  Thanks!

Is the death of the ReplayGain site, very kindly hosted by HA, permanent or temporary?

http://replaygain.hydrogenaudio.org/ is a bit of a surprise!

Cheers,
David.

Forum Software Updated

Reply #72
Going into Foobar's forums, I get the active topics for all Foobar subforums. I then click "more", all is still OK. But when I choose "Get active topics for this week" and click go, the new page shows me all topics, HA and Foobar included, instead of Foobar only.
It's the first time I do it, so I don't know if it is related to the upgrade.