Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Installing foo_output_asio(exe)_040a (Read 4747 times) previous topic - next topic

Installing foo_output_asio(exe)_040a

Hey,

I just downloaded this file from it's official site, but everything is in Chinese.  Can someone please tell me how to install it into Foobar2000?

When I open the compressed file...it shows 4 icons - 2 folders and 2 text files:

Folders:

bin
source

Text Files:

foo_output_asio(exe)_040a
lgpl

What the hell do I copy to the foobar dir???

Please help if you know.

Thanks,

WINSTON

Reply #1
Just put the exe in your components folder and then press ctrl-p in foobar and select it as your output method. Then config as necessary.

Reply #2
I appreciate the reply...but that's about as vague as you can get...if I open the 2 folders I mention...there is all kinds of folders and text files in them...many of them saying "foo_output_asio(exe)_040a"

I need to know which folder or files to copy to foobar dir?

WINSTON

Reply #3
Sorry for the ambiguity.  I'm still using the 0.37 SSE dll version, so I wasn't aware of the specifics of the newer one. The files you need are in the specified folders. If you want to use the exe and don't have SSE support, use the exe in the bin\normal folder.

EDIT: nm this edit, misunderstanding on my part.

Reply #4
Hey....I just copied the .dll from the normal folder into the "components folder"  I tried to play a file and got an error message:

ERROR (foo_output_asio(exe)) : foo_output_asio(exe).exe cannot be started.

Should I just keep pasting the other ones SSE etc. til I find one that works?

And...are you saying that I can copy one of the exe. into the foobar/components dir?  And that will work the same?

WINSTON

Reply #5
Doh. Sorry, I was wrong. I had two folders open at the same time, one with the extraction of the dll version and one with the extraction of the exe and got mixed up when I copied the dll. With the exe version you now need the exe and the dll of the proper version (SSE1,2,3,normal) in your components dir. I tested it and I get the same error as you if I lack either the dll or exe, but together all is fine.

Reply #6
Fantastico!!!  Just one more thing...what is the difference between the SSE 1,2,3...are those just updated versions or something?

WINSTON

Reply #7
No, SSE stands for Streaming Single instruction multiple data Extentions. It's an instuction method developed by intel, iirc. My Athlon supposedly supports it so I'm happy.

Reply #8
Hmmm.....now I'm getting a Windows error message...and then foobar2000 crashes?

I have a M-Audio 24/96 Duo for a soundcard.

I went into the foobar dir and tried to delete the .dll and .exe...I erased the .dll but it wouldn't let me delete the .exe file.

Is there a troubleshooting FAQ for this?

Thanks for all the help.

WINSTON

Reply #9
Hmm sounds like foobar is still running if you can't delete the exe. I'm using a Revo and I've had no issues for about 5 or 6 songs that have played with the exe and dll fine. However, if you're having problems you might wanna just use the 0.38 dll version instead and see if you have better luck. Also, this crash and windows error happened with the normal version or one of the SSE versions? If the latter, definitely switch to normal.

Reply #10
I deleted the old .exe from the foobar dir (was still running in the background...had to close in task manager)

I tried to paste the .dll and .exe from the normal folder this time and got a new error message:

ERROR (foo_output_asio(exe)) : failed in initialization of ASIO driver.

I know my soundcard supports ASIO...cus I already use ASIO drivers in Sonar XL.

WINSTON

Reply #11
Try setting your output depth in the playback area of foobar's preferences to 24bit padded to 32 bit or just 32bit fixed point.

Reply #12
I installed v.38 dll and got the same error as last time:

ERROR (foo_output_asio(dll)) : failed in initialization of ASIO driver.

I tried both 24bit fixed and 32bit fixed.  I think I have the lite version of foobar...so I don't have all of the options. i.e. kernel streaming

WINSTON

Reply #13
Hmm, well AFAIK in the case of the Revo, I can only use 16bit padded to 32bit, 24bit padded to 32, or just 32 bit fixed point. Any other output data format results in the same error as you posted. I prefer 32bit fixed point personally. I'm not sure how much the Revo and Duo differ in this particular aspect. Hopefully someone here who uses one can be of assistance.

EDIT: I actually get a different error now that I check.

ERROR (foo_output_asio(exe)) : unsupported output data format.

So it might not have to do with that at all. Only thing I can think of is which ASIO you card supports? I knew someone with an Audigy, iirc, which claimed it supported ASIO 2.0 but he couldn't get any ASIO outplugins for winamp or foobar to function.

Reply #14
Hey...well, I sure do appreciate all the help...I am sure someone can figure this out.

WINSTON

Reply #15
Hey...I have tried copying all four of the drivers into the foobar2000 > components folder: Normal, SEE, SEE2, SEE3

And I still can't get a device i.e. soundcard to show up when I go to ASIO settings...if I click the down arrow to select device it is just a big, white, empty box...could someone please point me to a decent tutorial on installing this damn thing.

For starters....what the hell is the source folder for in the zip file?  It has a bunch of stuff in it...how come you only copy the .exe .dll file from the bin folder?

WINSTON

Reply #16
Well, at this point I'm not sure what is causing the problem. Both the dll and exe versions all work fine for me. Perhaps you might be someone to benefit from a driver like this as well. I'm not sure I never needed it, however, I'll vouch for this ASIO plugin for being very easy to install and rock solid for every version I've used, so maybe you should do some more research on what your card supports and how to enable it before you get frustrated with how this plugin was created.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021