Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: freedb supports Unicode (UTF-8) characters (Read 4637 times) previous topic - next topic

freedb supports Unicode (UTF-8) characters

Reply #1
Is it why it's unreachable since the last 14 hours ??
did sco redirect mydoom to freedb.org ?
uts,
ju

Reply #2
yeah. can anyone tell me what 'New protocol level 6 with UTF-8 support' means please?

Reply #3
yeah. can anyone tell me what 'New protocol level 6 with UTF-8 support' means please?

It means that we finally have a decent unicode support in freedb. Yay!

-Eugene
The  greatest  programming  project of all took six days;  on the seventh  day  the  programmer  rested.  We've been trying to debug the !@#$%&* thing ever since. Moral: design before you implement.

Reply #4
But still not online at the moment ??
For querying it's no problem, because the mirrors work. But for doing a manual search, onl www.freedb.org can help.
uts,
ju

Reply #5
It is nice to see freedb develop (last additions were Genre and Year a few years ago).

UTF-8 allows non ansi characters (read any foreign), to be stored in a standard ansi string. This allows compatability with such things as freedb which. If you have a player does not support UTF-8, you will see two characters appear instead of the one. ie  dĕf  might be shown as d-█f

Reply #6
man this site has been down for ages.  i wanna use the cue creater program dam it........ 

Reply #7
man this site has been down for ages.  i wanna use the cue creater program dam it........ 

Learn to appreciate what has been given to you for free...

Great work freedb guys Thanx.
Dimitris

Reply #8
Now up.