Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: problem sample for --preset medium (Read 3658 times) previous topic - next topic

problem sample for --preset medium

Reply #1
I tried abx with the flac and preset-medium encode with 3.5.1-1/7-gave up.

I thought I was hearing a more distinct "click" after-1  2  3  4-soft click, louder click in right channel, but failed  with abx. I didn't try preset 160. My ears must be shot or something-used sennheiser 580s for abx test.

my hearing rolls off after 15K-this is maybe why I failed abx with this sample.
you will make mp3's for compatibility reasons.

Reply #2
I noticed that the effect is a lot easier to hear under two conditions: 1) The volume is loud  and 2) Headphones are naked "in the ear" style instead of "over the ear" with foam pads covering them.

Reply #3
If  a hiss is one of the problems with the sample encoded with 3.5.1, then my "no hearing past 15K" definately  is a reason I could not abx the sample. I did have the volume loud, almost uncomforatbly so during the test, but no earbuds, just my normal over the ear 580's.
you will make mp3's for compatibility reasons.