Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DivX 5.05 (Read 6692 times) previous topic - next topic

DivX 5.05

Hi,

I have started to encode the whole of the Buffy seasons in DivX 5.05 4 pass with B-frames & I would like to finish with the same encoder however I lost my copy of DivX 5.05 pro.

I also was unhappy with the quality of 5.1/5.1.1 for 4 pass with B-frames It really removes a lot of detail compared to even 5.02 I tested at standard & slowest.

DivX 5.1 USING STANDARD IS NOT THE SAME AS 5.05.

I have a serial I just need the program can someone give me a link?

DivX 5.05

Reply #3
Eariler versions of DivX were biased towards low-motion.  New versions of DivX are now more evenly balanced between high-motion and low-motion.  You can achieve better perceptual quality by biasing the codec towards low-motion again using the bitrate modulation slider.  Set it at ~0.15.  (not sure if 5.0.5 had the slider,  think it did, but tests have shown 5.1/5.1.1 does have improved quality over 5.0.5).

DivX 5.05

Reply #4
Eariler versions of DivX were biased towards low-motion.  New versions of DivX are now more evenly balanced between high-motion and low-motion.  You can achieve better perceptual quality by biasing the codec towards low-motion again using the bitrate modulation slider.  Set it at ~0.15.  (not sure if 5.0.5 had the slider,  think it did, but tests have shown 5.1/5.1.1 does have improved quality over 5.0.5).

I noticed this also & started a thread at doom9.org forums one of the DivX devs recommended something like .02 or .03 in my tests it made little difference to the block noise I was getting with high motion scenes in 5.05.

You can still get it from the official site:
http://download.divx.com/divx/DivXPro505Bundle.exe

vERY dUMB of me, thank you.