Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: .ape files corruption (Read 10354 times) previous topic - next topic

.ape files corruption

Reply #25
you forgot the quotes again:

E:\Musica\Album>sweep for %i in (*.flac) do e:\musica\album\flac -t "%i"

Josh

.ape files corruption

Reply #26
uh..i putted the quotes in the (*.flac) part...thank you for your help, now i will try this format.

.ape files corruption

Reply #27
it doesn't work, and i don't know why..the quotes are correct now but flac decoder can't open files.

E:\Musica\Album>sweep for %i in (*.flac) do e:\musica\album\flac -t "i%"

(...)

E:\Musica\Album\ZERO7-~1\SIMPLE~2>e:\musica\album\flac -t i%

flac 1.1.0, Copyright © 2000,2001,2002,2003 Josh Coalson
flac comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you are
welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  Type `flac' for details.

i%: ERROR initializing decoder
    state = 2:FLAC__FILE_DECODER_ERROR_OPENING_FILE

E:\Musica\Album\ZERO7-~1\SIMPLE~2>e:\musica\album\flac -t i%

flac 1.1.0, Copyright © 2000,2001,2002,2003 Josh Coalson
flac comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you are
welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  Type `flac' for details.

i%: ERROR initializing decoder
    state = 2:FLAC__FILE_DECODER_ERROR_OPENING_FILE

my folder tree is like this:

e:
--musica
----------album
flac.exe
sweep.exe
-----------------album 001
01.flac
02.flac
-----------------album 002
01.flac
02.flac
-----------------album 002
01.flac
02.flac
-----------------album 004

and so on.

.ape files corruption

Reply #28
it doesn't work, and i don't know why..the quotes are correct now but flac decoder can't open files.

E:\Musica\Album>sweep for %i in (*.flac) do e:\musica\album\flac -t "i%"

Make sure that you use "%i" and not "i%"

.ape files corruption

Reply #29
whoops  i'm going blind

.ape files corruption

Reply #30
Looks like Drago has sorted his problem now, but I thought I would add my .ape file corruption experience to this thread.

My audio server is a Athlon 900 with 256mb ram, Hitachi 120Gb drive, not overclocked, but I do use a home made fanless power supply which does not always give the most stable of outputs. This stays on permanently and I control what I listen to through my network.

I started to encounter occasional bitstream errors shortly after ripping most of my cd's. To check whether it was a problem with my audio server, I played the track back through a different PC and also copied the file to the PC and played it straight from the hard disk. With one or two tracks it played fine, but generally I would still encounter errors, so I deduced the file was corrupt.

I had slowly been creating a list of all the files with errors so I could have a big session to re-rip them.

However, a couple of days ago I was tidying the wiring up in my audio server and swapped the hard disk cable from a round one back to an 80 conductor flat ribbon.
Since then I have not encountered any new errors, and the previously 'corrupt' files all seem ok.
Whether this is due to a re-boot or the cable swap I am unsure, but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has encountered something similar.

Phill