Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar error while queueing files (Read 1363 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar error while queueing files

I'm running Windows XP and recently I edited my registry to add "Copy to Folder" and "Move to Folder" to the Explorer context menu. This was the procedure:

Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
Right-click the ContextMenuHandlers entry, and from the menu select New > Key
Name the new key Copy To
Repeat step 3, but this time for the name (step 4) choose Move To
Change the (Default) string value found in the Copy To key to {C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}
Change the (Default) string value found in the Move To key to {C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}
Close the registry editor

Afterwards, whenever I would try and queue audio files to foobar, the copy and move to Explorer context options kept popping up for each song queued asking where I wanted to Copy and Move the audio file.

After deleting the keys in the registry the problem was solved. It would be nice to be able to have those context menu options back but foobar takes priority