Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: File Operations: Link fails with I/O Error (Read 211 times) previous topic - next topic

File Operations: Link fails with I/O Error

Long-time Foobar user with a new problem.

Background - I have a new vehicle (2021 Hyundai Santa Fe) with all the infotainment bells & whistles, but amazingly it does not recognize M3U playlists. Searching for an alternative, another owner said he used a complex Windows script to create hard links in individual folders; the car recognized these and played them as expected.

So I remembered seeing the "Link" option in Foobar's File Operations dialog, and thought I would try that. Problem is, every file operation fails with I/O error win32 #1. This is on a 32GB USB flash drive, all music under artist folders, and I am trying to place the links in a separate folder.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or, anyone else with a Hyundai/Kia product with a workaround for the lack of playlist functionality?

Re: File Operations: Link fails with I/O Error

Reply #1
Update - this works if the files and the destination folder are on a fixed HDD, but fails on a flash drive.

Re: File Operations: Link fails with I/O Error

Reply #2
I figured it out. FAT32 does not support links, I reformatted the flash drive using NTFS and it works. Now to see if the car can read the links...

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021