Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Having issues with grouping by Album Name (Read 257 times) previous topic - next topic

Having issues with grouping by Album Name

I'm relatively new to foobar and trying to get my playlist to group by Album name.  I'm 99% there but there's a small issue that I can't figure out.

First let me clarify that I'm using a the Columns UI add-on.  I deleted:
$if2(%album artist%,<no artist>)[ / %album%]
And created a custom group like this:
%album%

After doing this, most of my albums just fine but there are some that refuse to be grouped properly.  As you can see from the screenshot below, Arthur's Theme from 80's album refuses to cooperate as does the song track below that one.  These are just 2 examples, there are several more.  Any directions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Re: Having issues with grouping by Album Name

Reply #2
Fix your tags. For albums with multiple artists you need to set Album Artist tag to "Various Artists". https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Encouraged_Tag_Standards#ALBUM_ARTIST

Ah, I didn't realize that's what was causing it.  Thanks.

BTW, on a related note, I think what i deleted previous was already in there by default. $if2(%album artist%,<no artist>)[ / %album%]

What does that do exactly?

Reply #3
$if2, as described in the manual, returns the first parameter if it is set, otherwise it returns the second.

The square braces on the album portion only emit that portion if the album tag is set.

Reply #4
Sorry, but i still don't understand.  Can you break it down for a newb?

Reply #5
It gives "%album artist%" if there is one, otherwise it gives "<no artist>".

The second part gives " / %album%" if there is an album, otherwise it does nothing.

Reply #6
OK, thank you.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021