Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library viewer stuck at Monitoring and doesn't add new files (Read 310 times) previous topic - next topic

Library viewer stuck at Monitoring and doesn't add new files

I want Foobar to automatically display all music files under specific directory but it seems to be stuck and it doesn't add any new files.

When I drag and drop the directory to a New Playlist it lists more files that I currently have under Library Viewer Selection.

I'm using v.1.6.4.

Re: Library viewer stuck at Monitoring and doesn't add new files

Reply #1
Does it say anything in the console?

View > Console
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #2
Media Library is supposed to say "Monitoring" once it has finished initial scanning and it's indeed monitoring for possible changes.

Library Viewer Selection shows a selection you have made from a library viewer, a feature that is nowadays off by default because it has been too confusing for people.

Try selecting "Library" -> "Album List", then right click on "All Music" and select "Create Autoplaylist". You now have a playlist that will always contain all the tracks in your media library.

Reply #3
Thanks @Case ! It works now in "All Music" tab, it updates the list as soon as I add any new file to directory, it doesn't update in Library Viewer Selection though but it's fine, I can use "All Music" tab instead. I could swear it used be simpler 10 years ago when I last used this feature ;)

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021