Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Spider Monkey Panel (foo_spider_monkey_panel) (Read 342039 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Spider Monkey Panel (foo_spider_monkey_panel)

Reply #50
Version: 1.0.5
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/releases/tag/v1.0.5
Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Detailed description of API changes: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/wiki/API-Changes#v105

Reply #51
Version: 1.1.0
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/releases/tag/v1.1.0
Changelog:
Detailed description of API changes: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/wiki/API-Changes#v110

Reply #52
Version: 1.1.1
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/releases/tag/v1.1.1
Changelog
Hotfix for v1.1.0 (see changelog above)
    Fixed
    • Fixed error in object constructor when it is invoked with data from on_notify_data callback.

Reply #53
Do not work callback on_colours_changed()
version 1.1.1, foobar 1.4.1

Reply #54
version 1.1.1, foobar 1.4.1, DUI

Reply #55
version 1.1.1, foobar 1.4.1, DUI
Yep, that's a bug, will be fixed in the next version =)

Reply #56
Version: 1.1.2
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/releases/tag/v1.1.2
Changelog:
Detailed description of API changes: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/wiki/API-Changes#v112

Reply #57
trying to re-create an ancient foo_uie_albumart behaviour where pictures/arts in all user specified sub-directories of currently playing track are collected when track playback starts, then runs slideshow cycling through all the art every X second as specified by user

the component can load jpg, pg, bmp...etc. but not webp or other newer formats. I was wondering if it's possible for SMP to handle webp. maybe through some codec installed on the system?

Reply #58
I was wondering if it's possible for SMP to handle webp. maybe through some codec installed on the system?
TLDR: SMP does not have functionality to load images that are not supported by fb2k.

Full answer:
SMP uses foobar2000 API to load album art and `Gdiplus::Bitmap` to load external images. AFAIK neither fb2k nor GDI+ have the ability to work with webp files.
It's probably possible to write a fb2k component that can load webp files as images though (and maybe even work as album art source for fb2k).

Reply #59
Version: 1.1.3
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/releases/tag/v1.1.3
Changelog:

Reply #60
I don't know if the issue is with the latest version (1.1.3) or if it was already there before, but I can't update ratings (foo_playcount) anymore with fb.RunContextCommandWithMetadb. For example with the rating.txt script. It does simple nothings :(

Thanks in advance. And ty for all the work you have already done with the component!
Regards
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #61
I am new to Spider Monkey Panel and J script panel.
I want to embed play back statistic information into the file.

Is there a function to edit metadata? (I only found retrieve info from metadata)

Reply #62
This command doesn't work anymore with new spider panel.
buttons.buttons.albumart = new _button(bs * 6.8, 0, bs, bs, {normal : "Albumart.png", hover: "Albumart_h.png"}, function () { fb.RunContextCommand("Run service/AlbumArt"); },"AlbumArt"); Hope you can solve this

Reply #63
Version: 1.1.4
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/releases/tag/v1.1.4
Changelog
Hotfix for v1.1.3 (see changelog above)
    Fixed
    • Fixed fb.RunContextCommandWithMetadb not working with most commands.

Reply #65
I am new to Spider Monkey Panel and J script panel.
I want to embed play back statistic information into the file.

Is there a function to edit metadata? (I only found retrieve info from metadata)
Depends on what you mean: you can't edit some most stats provided by `foo_playcount` (e.g. %play_count%), but you can write additional custom tags with `FbMetadbHandleList.UpdateFileInfoFromJSON()` (you can read more about the method and it's usage in the documentation included with component: `Configure Panel` dialog > menu > Help > View Help).

Reply #67
Depends on what you mean: you can't edit some most stats provided by `foo_playcount` (e.g. %play_count%), but you can write additional custom tags with `FbMetadbHandleList.UpdateFileInfoFromJSON()` (you can read more about the method and it's usage in the documentation included with component: `Configure Panel` dialog > menu > Help > View Help).
Thank you, adding custom tags is the only thing I want.   ;)

Reply #68
Version: 1.1.5
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/releases/tag/v1.1.5
Changelog
Hotfix II for v1.1.3 (see changelog above)
    Changed
    • Panel Properties dialog now uses JSON format by default for export.
    Fixed
    • Fixed incorrect parsing of UCS-2 LE encoded files.

Reply #69
I want to find meta value(first value) by name.

According to the documentation.
I need to...
1. Check if there are matched name in the meta. if yes, go to step 2.
2. Find out how many meta in it.
3. Loop through the meta(s) to find the idx numbers for the name
4. Use the idx to get the Value out.

Is there any better way to doing this?

Reply #70
I want to find meta value(first value) by name.

According to the documentation.
I need to...
1. Check if there are matched name in the meta. if yes, go to step 2.
2. Find out how many meta in it.
3. Loop through the meta(s) to find the idx numbers for the name
4. Use the idx to get the Value out.

Is there any better way to doing this?

There is also a MetaFind method, which returns the index of the meta field (or -1 if not found) =)

Reply #71
There is also a MetaFind method, which returns the index of the meta field (or -1 if not found) =)

Thank you it works.
I thought it only return like Boolean, I should read the documentation more carefully.

Reply #72
First of all, a big thank you to @TheQwertiest for this component. I've been away from the forum for sometime and this is really a great surprise. It's good to have a jscript component back with official support and with the developer active in the forum. I'm following the migration instructions from JScript panel 2 and so far no problem. The only issue I found which was not mentioned in the official docs, nor in the forum, is that I can no more include both JScommon and Helpers in the preprocessor because some constants and variables are declared on both scripts.
I solved the problem by copying the few functions I actually needed, from JScommon to a new script, which replaced JScommon in the preprocessors where Helpers is also included. I like it better this way, it is definitely cleaner, but I just wanted to make sure that it is an intended behavior and I did not mess anything up.
I'm late

Reply #73
First of all, a big thank you to @TheQwertiest for this component.
You are very welcome :)

The only issue I found which was not mentioned in the official docs, nor in the forum, is that I can no more include both JScommon and Helpers in the preprocessor because some constants and variables are declared on both scripts.
Well, it was probably intended that way (that is for Br3tt's scripts to be self-sufficient).
I wouldn't know anyway, since I've never actually delved into them - it's only thanks to marc2003 that Br3tt's scripts were even included in SMP =)

Reply #74
I too, would like to heap many thanks upon TheQwertiest one for this component. I do believe it will be quite fun once I figure out how to write scripts. ;)

For now though I just have a minor, issue / question / request. (An issquesest?) If one (me) did not want to see the SMP Playback Statistics in track properties, how could one (I) turn display of them off? Might it please be possible? (We looked for options)

The thing is with 'Selection Properties' (DUI) element, all stats are lumped / jumbled together under 'Other' along with official Playback Statistics (foo_playcount) component. So I guess that is limitation of the element. However the original PS 'Rating' (displayed as stars) is gone altogether, replaced by SMP 'Rating' (with no stars, because not using it) - not very complementary. I'd prefer to see my original ratings.

Not sure what / if you can do anything about this, but mentioning just in case.

(Of course, one could design a far superior 'Selection Properties' element with this very fine component. :D Even so... Edit: and I just found the 'properties.txt' sample after posting, typical!)

Cheers