Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_beefweb - modern web interface (Read 38925 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_beefweb - modern web interface

Reply #50
Is there a problem with the way foo_beefweb stores the location of the root folder?

This is known issue, something is broken in how paths are manupilated.  ::)

As a workaround you can mount your drive in some directory, I think this should help.

Reply #51
Hi all, I've uploaded new version.
The changelog sounds very promising!
Thank you very much for giving us a great and easy way to control f2k via browser!

Reply #52
Hi all, I've uploaded new version.

Hello!

I registered on these forums just to express my gratitude. Thanks for the update, these changes are awesome. I especially like the ability to customize the columns.

Thanks for your effort!

//Erik

Reply #53
Just perfect! Thanks a lot for this pack!

Reply #54
Well may I ask more or less when should "local playback" be on the works :roolleyes:
In other words if the control remote features are mature enough.. and thank you so much!!

Reply #55
Thank you very much for this amazing component!!!

... just in case someone is searching for a way to give this amazing tool a more app like appearance on their android phone...  (instead of opening the browser + webpage all the time...) https://hermit.chimbori.com/  does a pretty good job :-)
however... something like a "progressive web app" (https://blog.mozilla.org/firefox/progressive-web-apps-whats-big-deal/) would make this component close to perfect :-D

Reply #56
can you add some manipulation with multiple playlists?

Reply #57
Wow, this plugin rocks!  It's just so simple and perfect. Thank you so much. 

Reply #58
That would be much better if there are any mobile device control apps provided as well like Android apk and xapk, windows xap and appx, and iOS ipa files or publish to their app markets too, so I can make it auto pause my Foobar2000 playback while someone is phone calling me and I'm talking in voice phone, and I can config and add my "servers" (means Foobar2000 IPs) in a list to switch between more easily. And, with a real app I could place an icon in my app list, make it auto run behind the backstage as a service/daemon like other phone apps e.g. messenger or whatsapp, and I can switch its interface back immediately anytime.

Beside, better to integrate more with Foobar2000 Playlist Organizer component:
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_plorg
Some people like me, organize and custom my own tree view of playlists inside with this very helpful component, so I don't have to search complicatedly inside plenty amount of playlists. I hope if beefweb interface will support and integrate that tree view into beefweb, so we could search that tree view with our Android devices or iphones remotely.

Reply #59
Hi folks,

this yet another attempt to implement web interface component for foobar2000.

Features:
  • Lightweight web user interface
  • Playback control
  • Playlist management
  • Music directory browser
  • Real-time UI updates
  • Mobile-friendly responsive design
  • REST-like API for controlling player from your application

Screenshots:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

System requirements:
  • foobar2000 1.3 or later
  • Windows 7 or later

Browser requirements:
  • Any recent browser should work
  • Due to high development effort required Internet Explorer of any version is not supported

Links: download, github

Let me know what you think.

Thank you for this controller. Is there any way to change column width in directory browsing?

Reply #61
I registered for the sole purpose of saying THANK YOU man because this was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier than the foobar2000 controller for Android.

Happy holidays!

Reply #62
Thanks for the component.

Can you explain how should I get playlist items with "/playlists/{playlistId}/items/{range}"?
"/playlists/0/items/0:10?columns=Title" returned items but without column values.

Reply #63
Hi all, new version is available!  ;)

Changes in v0.5:

• Added support for specifying custom response header (e.g. for CORS)
  • Added support for specifying custom web content directories
  • Added settings to customize window title and playback information panel content
  • Added support for different file browser add actions ("Add", "Add & Play", "Replace & Play")
  • Improved dialog styling in web UI
  • Clicking on status bar locates current track
  • Binaries are built with VS2017 and dynamic runtime libraries
  • Updated foobar2000 SDK to 2019-06-30
  • Updated boost to v1.71
  • Fixed preventing of foobar2000 update
  • Fixed "Port:" label overflow in settings page
  • Fixed error 500 when trying to browse directories with inaccessible files
  • Fixed browsing of root directory (e.g. C:\)
  • Fixed volume slider vertical alignment

Reply #64
Thanks for the component.

Can you explain how should I get playlist items with "/playlists/{playlistId}/items/{range}"?
"/playlists/0/items/0:10?columns=Title" returned items but without column values.

columns are title formatting expressions, so your example will look like

"/playlists/0/items/0:10?columns=%25Title%25"

%25 yields % due to url encoding

Reply #65
Hello,

Is it possible to customize or configure beefweb such that the current item being played is highlighted with a user chosen background color?

Reply #66
Hello,

Is it possible to customize or configure beefweb such that the current item being played is highlighted with a user chosen background color?

I can suggest you other approach. On Firefox (Desktop) i use a extension called DarkReader, its available for Chrome also. It simply darkens every webpage using CSS methods for each webpage.

Check the attached image.

PS. The component works on Foobar2000 Flatpack version, runned on Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon

Reply #67
Thanks for this cool foobar2000 component!

I use foobar among other things as a player at smaller events. The microphones are controlled remotely via a digital mixer. The only problem was playing playbacks from the FOH console.
Thanks to Beefweb I now have full control over the player via network. Top!

Reply #68
Hi all, new version is available!  ;)

Changes in v0.5:

• Added support for specifying custom response header (e.g. for CORS)
  • Added support for specifying custom web content directories
  • Added settings to customize window title and playback information panel content
  • Added support for different file browser add actions ("Add", "Add & Play", "Replace & Play")
  • Improved dialog styling in web UI
  • Clicking on status bar locates current track
  • Binaries are built with VS2017 and dynamic runtime libraries
  • Updated foobar2000 SDK to 2019-06-30
  • Updated boost to v1.71
  • Fixed preventing of foobar2000 update
  • Fixed "Port:" label overflow in settings page
  • Fixed error 500 when trying to browse directories with inaccessible files
  • Fixed browsing of root directory (e.g. C:\)
  • Fixed volume slider vertical alignment

Hey! I made an account to say, thank you so much for making a REST api, this has been the only way i've been able to successfully grab album art data and use it so flexibly. I wanted to suggest something that would make it absolutely perfect if you don't mind.

Could there be a GET that returns any kind of specified title format field like the list shown here? as just raw response data
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference#Track_info_fields_and_functions
Having the track info fields exposed, and returned in an easy to use format would open up so many practical opportunities like pi projects or even livestream widget plugins. Currently, i can achieve this exact idea using a different plugin, Now Playing Simple. However. This outputs everything to a text file, and i end up having to use string clamps and other string trickery as well as load the text file over and over, and I just think having something akin to this but in the restful api would be incredible.

Thank you for your time, I already use the REST api in so many different projects currently, and this would just absolutely be the cherry on top  :D

NEVERMIND, I'm so dumb. I just learned what the column part was. This is legendary. Thank you so much!!! this plugin will make my life miles easier <3

Reply #69
 Made a dark theme. Maybe someone will come in handy.

X

X
Replace the bundle.css file in the component folder

Reply #70
Made a dark theme. Maybe someone will come in handy.
Replace the bundle.css file in the component folder

new version (bug fix)
X

---

Modified version from github

X

X

Reply #71
This is exactly what i've been wanting but it doesn't wanna load.

successfully load the webui on host pc
tried several browsers on client pc
successfully pinged host pc IP
tick allow remote connections in plugin settings
changed port number
enable all traffic from foobar2000 in windows firewall on host pc

win10 21h2 on both pcs.  i'm sure this is a network 101 thing, probably not the plugin's fault, but i can't sort it out. any ideas?
also that looks cool leviathan, will add that if I get it working

also, i run a local XAMPP wordpress on the same host computer and can reach it from the pc i'm currently unable to reach beefweb with

Reply #72
(EDIT seems unavailable on my above post)
Nevermind - I just had to play with windows firewall to allow foobar2000 through. Works great and as others have said, Thank you hyperblast!  If you wanna make something really robust, futureproof and cross platform, what's better than this? the collaboration in this thread is awesome as well, cheers all

Reply #73
Hi all, I published new (mostly maintenance) release.

Changes in v0.6:
  • Added dark theme for web UI
  • Added support for foobar2000 x64
  • Improved styling of settings screen
  • "Use full screen width" checkbox is no longer displayed on small screens
  • Binaries are built with VS2022
  • Updated foobar2000 SDK to 2022-11-16
  • Updated boost to v1.81.0
  • Updated nlohmann/json to v3.11.2
  • Removed support for browsers without native EventSource implementation

Reply #74
Hi!

Installed this today and as everything else in my computer works in dark mode, the preferences of your plugin does not have dark mode integration (which is quite funny having everything else in fb2k in black and chaging to your plugins preferences the preference window turns light). I am using the x64 version.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe