Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can dvd player read encrypted flash drive (Read 5364 times) previous topic - next topic

Can dvd player read encrypted flash drive

I want to watch movies from usb flash drive on my dvd player but prevent it from being copied or deleted when plugged into pc. Is there a program I can encrypt it with to perform that function?

Reply #1
No.

If you encrypt the flash drive, the DVD player won't be able to read it.

Reply #3
What you're asking for is impossible.

If the DVD player can read the flash drive, so can anyone with moderate computer knowledge.

Reply #5
How about sticking the whole DVD player in a locked box with a cut-out or window so the remote will still work?

Or, maybe if you explain what you are trying to accomplish we can offer some suggestions...  Is this a business/retail situation? etc.?

I want to watch movies from usb flash drive on my dvd player but prevent it from being copied or deleted when plugged into pc.
How about if you just keep the thumb drive in your pocket or locked-up when you are not watching movies?