Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_bookmark (Read 40310 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_bookmark

Reply #50
Geez, what's up with the whining?

Reality check...onthejazz asked about the staus, and I said it was on hold pending the outcome of the license situation.  Period.  Must you post your whining in every thread?  How about some intelligent, on topic discussion (for a change)?

As for "selling my stuff", Kode, I simply want the freedom that is available in Foobar 0.667.  That is why I will continue to develop components for the latest free (as in speech) version of Foobar.

About your questions: 1) Yes, if I feel it's justified. I only posted it in two threads so far though, go figure that one out. 2) Depends on you, actually.

Reality check.. onthejazz didn't even ask specifically about a 0.7 version, he only requested features without specifying the version of fb2k he's using.

Since you want to keep developing plugins for the latest "free (as in speech)" version of fb2k, why did you put foo_bookmark on hold then, justifying this move by referring to the licence situation?

How is putting your work (apparently including the 0.667 components) on hold until the licence is changed for 0.7 not unnecessary and contraproductive?

How about an intelligent, on topic, factual answer to this post (for a change)? 
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

foo_bookmark

Reply #51
now that .7 is out i just wanted to recheck if there could be a compatible version foo_bookmark released (i dont know much about the politics & rights discussed earlier).  it is sorely missed & would be hugely appreciated.

thanks,

dave

foo_bookmark

Reply #52
now that .7 is out i just wanted to recheck if there could be a compatible version foo_bookmark released (i dont know much about the politics & rights discussed earlier).  it is sorely missed & would be hugely appreciated.

As far as I know (the latest Foobar 0.7 build I have is 0.7RC6), the license was thankfully reverted to the original free version, so that is no longer an issue.

But, as with foo_uftS, I've had a lot of programming-related problems converting from 0.66x to 0.7.  Even DanZ - who has successfully ported his foo_looks component to 0.7, took a crack at converting foo_bookmark.  He was getting even weirder compile errors than I, and gave up on it.

I really haven't worked very hard at updating either component and I haven't been keeping track of the 0.7 development cycle, since Foobar 0.667 works well for me.  Are there good, compelling reasons to upgrade to 0.7? (honest question, not meant sarcastically)

foo_bookmark

Reply #53

thanks,

dave

there really isnt as much of a need for this component.

just keep a seperate playlist always loaded and call it favorites or something

you can send tracks to it and switch to them as needed.

foo_bookmark

Reply #54
I really haven't worked very hard at updating either component and I haven't been keeping track of the 0.7 development cycle, since Foobar 0.667 works well for me.  Are there good, compelling reasons to upgrade to 0.7? (honest question, not meant sarcastically)

Well, I really like the new tabbed playlist stuff, as well as the fact that you can have playback order plugins.  One of these days I will take the time to write a shuffle playback order plugin, though for now I keep two playlist tabs open, one shuffled one not shuffled, and switch between them depending on what I want.

foo_bookmark

Reply #55
Are there good, compelling reasons to upgrade to 0.7? (honest question, not meant sarcastically)

So many reasons but too lazy to write. 
This thread has some good reasons in 7 posts from Peter.

foo_bookmark

Reply #56
thanks for the reply Aero.  i personally have been using the new version & the beta leading up to it, but also runnin .667 so i can still use foobookmark.  i liked it so much cause it allowed you to have a hot key component and you could boom be right at a station or other bookmark.  Also the labels you set never changed & he had it worked pretty neat for adding & renaming, was just hoping for a quick sort feature, like arrows up & down to move em around & the resizable window.
it was a great plug-in i do encourage (beg) you to continue or wrap it up when it becomes possible.

thanks again for the work you've put in Aero.

btw i too luv the tabbed playlist, its the one thing winamp could never incorporate
although i always thought it would be better (maybe) implemented with a side car window and a name for each playlist within that, click and there is the list.  either way a handy feature.

foo_bookmark

Reply #57
I just posted the Foobar 0.7 compatible version of foo_bookmark (ANSI and Unicode versions) at http://loodi.com/foo_bookmark.zip

The 0.6 compatible version can be found here.

As usual, the ANSI version is untested, but it should work.  Let me know if you find any bugs or problems.

foo_bookmark

Reply #58
ANSI version seems to work so far. Tad bit of lag before uftS detected foo_bookmark, but other than that, it works perfectly.
"It's the panties fault! The panties made me a pervert!"

foo_bookmark

Reply #59
ANSI version seems to work so far. Tad bit of lag before uftS detected foo_bookmark, but other than that, it works perfectly.

Thanks for the ANSI testing report.

As for the menu problem, Foobar 0.7 is doing something very unusual with the Components menu.  It doesn't actually build the menu until you display on it the first time.  I'm currently using the presence of foo_bookmark in the Components menu to enable the Manage Bookmarks menu item in foo_uftS, so it doesn't work unless you click on the Components menu first.

There are better ways to detect components, so I'll look into fixing this.

foo_bookmark

Reply #60
Could it be possible to make it work with ".pls" bookmarks aswell?

I have several bookmarks which link to a ".pls" ( ex. : http://di.fm/mp3/eurodance128k.pls ) , which, if i add it with "Playlist-Add location", foobar2000 reads it and adds its contents to the playlist.

On the other hand, if this link is in foo_bookmark , when I doubleclick it, it just adds this file to the playlist, not its contents, and then foobar doesn't play it.

foo_bookmark

Reply #61
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I've just discovered that plugin in another thread, and I must say that I like it  I've always tried to figure out how to manage favorites in fb2k for multiple users, without the need of using a playlist (drag & drop your favorites in there). I've finally come out (with the help of foosion and go2null) with something relaying in custom tags as explained here. Actually I'm using this method with the Extended Playlist geenrator to keep updated a playlist with all my favorites (along with other user that can also have it's own favorite playlist).

This plugin could replace my actual method, it's faster and don't add custom (and personal) tags.

Well, I'll like to know if Aero you'll still developping this plugin (BTW, thanks it's a cool plugin), to make some suggestions. I just want to make sure someone is (or is/isn't interested in) listening 

BTW: I'm using it in 0.8.3, it give me some crashes, but it seems to work.

foo_bookmark

Reply #62
Well, I'll like to know if Aero you'll still developping this plugin (BTW, thanks it's a cool plugin), to make some suggestions. I just want to make sure someone is (or is/isn't interested in) listening 

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=250145"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am not actively developing this component, although if someone would like to take over the development, I'd be happy to post the source code (such as it is - I never updated it for the 0.8 SDK).

foo_bookmark

Reply #63
Hi Aero, just wanted to check and see if you have any plans to update foo_boookmark to 0.9 compatibility? If not I would be interested in gettin my hands on the source code as there seem to be a fair number of people that would like to see this plugin-in updated for future versions of foobar2000, including myself.  Thanks!

Dave

foo_bookmark

Reply #64
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=250145"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ah, just installed this plugin and was about to report a bug/rather rubbish behaviour (bookmark doesn't disappear from list on clicking 'remove', prompting one to try and remove it repeatedly and crashing foobar - whoops) when i noticed quite how old and inactive it is.

is there an active plugin to bookmark a location within a song, or is this as good as it gets?

foo_bookmark

Reply #65
Hi!
Could you please update foo_boookmark to 0.9 compatibility. This component is very important to me. I can't switch to 0.9 without this component.

Thanks

foo_bookmark

Reply #66
Hi!
Could you please update foo_boookmark to 0.9 compatibility. This component is very important to me. I can't switch to 0.9 without this component.

Thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377994"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Please update for foorbar2000 .9 this is a much loved plug-in

Thanks

foo_bookmark

Reply #67
hope it gets updated soon, its a must have for us audiobooklisteners

foo_bookmark

Reply #68
still noone who wants to port this great plugin for .9?

foo_bookmark

Reply #69
Shamelessly bumping this thread >_<

Please port it

foo_bookmark

Reply #70
shameless bump? hell no, so here goes another Help Me back to life BUMP!

Re: foo_bookmark

Reply #73
Download links do not work anymore. Please tell me if somehow I can manage Winamp bookmarks, thanks.