VirtualDub 1.7.0 experimental is released. Changes:
Build 25854 (1.7.0, experimental): [November 5, 2006]
* New "smart rendering" feature for selective processing of video around
edit areas while copying as many existing frames as possible.
* New audio waveform/spectrogram display.
* Added option for preserving empty frames during recompression or
decompression instead of replicating frames.
* Added option for saving raw audio stream without a header.
* Added support for the Sony WAVE64 file format, for wave files larger than
* Added support for reading and writing Adobe Filmstrip (.flm) files.
* Added support for reading Maya IFF (.iff) files. Currently this is
limited to RGB information at 8 bits/channel.
* PNG output is now supported.
* Resize video filter now has options for relative and aspect-ratio derived
sizing and to save defaults.
* Opening a video file from the command-line or drag-and-drop now sets the
filename as default for the Save As AVI/WAV dialogs.
* Added new pitch scaling audio filter.
* Improved quality of "center cut" audio filter (with suggestions from
* The main window and job control dialogs now save their positions.
* Opacity curves can now be attached to video filter instances.
* Volume adjustment now shows amplification factor in decibels.
* Filter API: Preview code preserves keyboard accelerators on preview
* Job control: (X of Y) is now displayed in the job control window caption
when the job list is being processed.
* AVI Info now shows additional information for PCM audio streams encoded
* Capture: Added experimental option to insert arbitrary DirectShow
transform filters into a capture graph. To enable, specify the filter
moniker in [HKCU\Software\Freeware\VirtualDub\Hidden Features\CapDShow:
Transform filter name] in the Registry.
* Capture: Added full-screen toggle (Alt+Enter).
* Capture: Added support for switching DirectShow TV tuners between
antenna and cable modes.
* The "integral conversion" option under audio conversion is no longer
* Fixed a case where the projected file size status indicator could overflow
for very long audio dumps.
* AVIs with MP3 audio streams where wBitsPerSample != 0 are now detected and
auto-corrected for better compatibility with the standard MP3 codec
installed in Windows.
* Rewrote segmentation code to buffer data instead of attempting size
prediction; this makes the segmentation more accurate and avoids dangling
key frames during on-the-fly compression.
* Added workaround for compatibility problems with Aero Glass in Windows
Vista beta 2.
* Audio displacement now works when processing only part of the audio
* Added warning for non-zero dwStart values in AVI files.
* Fixed a performance problem in the PNG decoder on large images with a lot
of IHDR blocks.
* Fixed errors in JPEG encoding with pure red or blue colors.
* Changed keyboard shortcut for Undo from Ctrl+U to the standard Ctrl+Z.
* Added workaround for annoying Microsoft security update that sometimes
prevents the help file from working.
* Fixed clamping in amplifier that caused -0x8000 values to change to
* Capture: Duplicate raw wave formats are no longer shown with DirectShow-
* Capture: The UI now reflects changes to audio and video sources made
through the driver dialogs.
* Capture: Possible fix for crash when changing formats with DirectShow-
based devices due to threading issue.