Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MAREO 3.0 Released! (Read 88753 times) previous topic - next topic

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #50
What I meant was, CDEX's option (on your site) says : CHECK to NOT delete file.
and you leave it unchecked. Therefore it deletes.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=368924"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #51
No-no, not 'complaints', they're 'bug reports'.
Since this is the only way we can support software devs aside from monetary issues... =b

Welcome back, btw. =)
Where have you been to?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=370790"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i'm actually in the middle of my vacations. we first went to "cataratas del iguazu" (iguazu falls), which is incredible, now we have returned for a day, and tomorrow we are headed for Cordoba.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #52
Per iTunesEncode, if you don't specify an output file (which, I thought was the @dest@ file), then iTunes only leaves a copy of the file in the iTunes Library.  However, MAREO errors out if it doesn't see a @dest@ file

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing - leaving the file in the iTunes managed library, and not creating another file - via Foobar's Convertor (see question here). It seems that the various apps (MAREO, Foobar) all expect an output file and fail if there isn't one - despite it being a valid iTunesEncode command line.

have you tried using the "FULLNAME = NONE" option? (its 8am, just got from a 19 hours trip, so maybe i'm wrong)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=370787"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Welcome back!  Glad to hear that you had a good time! 
I tried using the "FULLNAME = NONE" option, and that doesn't put the file in what would have been the "dest" directory, but it leaves the temp file (in this case: ctmp7!1!5.NONE) in the directory where the WAV file was created and deleted from.  Here is the portion of the MAREO.log file that pertains to this.

Code: [Select]
*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 3 ***

ENCODER Extension  = NONE

TEMPORAL Full Name = F:\1-MUSIC\1-Music DB\0-WAV\Ctmp7!1!5.NONE
TEMPORAL Path Only = F:\1-MUSIC\1-Music DB\0-WAV
TEMPORAL Name Only = Ctmp7!1!5

FINAL Full Name    = NONE
FINAL Path Only    = NONE
FINAL Name Only    = NONE

Run Only If Last   = FALSE

EXECUTING: C:\Program Files\Audio Conv Progs\ITunesEncode\ItunesEncode.exe -e "AAC Encoder" -a "Celine Dion" -l "Falling Into You" -t "Seduces Me" -n 5 -y "1996" -g "Easy Listening" -c "AAC-iTunesEncode" -i "F:\1-MUSIC\1-Music DB\0-WAV\Ctmp7!1!5.wav" -o "F:\1-MUSIC\1-Music DB\0-WAV\Ctmp7!1!5.NONE" ... EXECUTION SUCCESS!!

"Final Full Name" is NONE, NO need to rename.
DeleteWaveFile is TRUE.
DELETING: F:\1-MUSIC\1-Music DB\0-WAV\Ctmp7!1!5.wav ... SUCCESS!!

*** DONE ***

NO errors ocurred.

Thanks so much for your help ... and have fun on the second half of your vacation! 

By the way ... I'm sorry I didn't use the codebox correctly before ... I just found the BB Code instructions this morning.  I didn't realize that a "CODE" and a "CODEBOX" were not the same thing ... DUH! (Don't I feel dumb!)  I started to use it this time but after looking at it, then I decided that the code probably wasn't long enough. (Hope I made the right decision ... I'm not very good at "decisions".  )

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #53
Hello,

foobar 0.8.3 has started giving an error when I use MAREO.
Doesn't matter if I only have LAME in MAREO or any combination of encoders.
The source does not matter, APE, FLAC, WAV
There are actually no errors in any MAREO process and it is not reporting an error.

Any ideas?

INFO (foo_clienc) : CLI encoder: D:\Program Files\Mareo\mareo.exe
INFO (foo_clienc) : Destination file: file://D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.mp3
INFO (foo_clienc) : Source file: file://D:\TMFiles\Comp\Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Greatest Hits 76-93 1993 FLAC\18_Something In The Air.flac
INFO (foo_clienc) : 44100Hz 16bps 2ch
ERROR (foo_clienc) : Encoding failed

MAREO - Multiple Applications Runner for EAC and Others - GPL Licensed
3.0.1 - Copyright 2003-2006 by Kwanbis - http://www.webearce.com.ar/
Developed with Borland Delphi (info @ http://borland.com/delphi/)

*** Received Command Line ***

"D:\Program Files\Mareo\mareo.exe" "D:\Program Files\Mareo\mareo.ini" "D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.mp3.fb2k.tmp.wav" "D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.mp3" "Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers" "Greatest Hits" "Something In The Air" 18 1993 "Rock"

*** Parsed Parameters ***

IniFileName (%1) = D:\Program Files\Mareo\mareo.ini
@source@    (%2) = D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.mp3.fb2k.tmp.wav
@dest@      (%3) = D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.mp3
@artist@    (%4) = Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
@album@     (%5) = Greatest Hits
@title@     (%6) = Something In The Air
@track@     (%7) = 18
@year@      (%8) = 1993
@genre@     (%9) = Rock

*** INI Parameters ***

LogToScreen          = TRUE
LogToFile            = TRUE
RenameFirstFile      = TRUE
DeleteWavFile        = TRUE

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 1 ***

ENCODER Extension  = mp3

TEMPORAL Full Name = D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.mp3
TEMPORAL Path Only = D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits
TEMPORAL Name Only = Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air

FINAL Full Name    = D:\Transcode\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.mp3
FINAL Path Only    = D:\Transcode\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits
FINAL Name Only    = Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air

EXECUTING: D:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Encoders\lame.exe --priority 1 -V1 --vbr-new --noreplaygain --ignore-tag-errors --ta "Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers" --tl "Greatest Hits" --tt "Something In The Air" --tn "18" --ty "1993" --tg "Rock" "D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.mp3.fb2k.tmp.wav" "D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.mp3" ... EXECUTION SUCCESS!!

DIRECTORY "D:\Transcode\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits" allready exists.

RENAMING: D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.mp3 => D:\Transcode\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.mp3 ... SUCCESS!!

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 2 ***

ENCODER Extension  = NONE

TEMPORAL Full Name = D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.NONE

FINAL Full Name    = NONE
FINAL Path Only    = NONE
FINAL Name Only    = NONE

EXECUTING: D:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Encoders\mp3gain.exe /p /k /r /d 1.0 /s s "D:\Transcode\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.mp3" ... EXECUTION SUCCESS!!

ENCODER Extension  = ape

TEMPORAL Full Name = D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.ape

FINAL Full Name    = D:\Transcode\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.ape
FINAL Path Only    = D:\Transcode\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits
FINAL Name Only    = Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air

EXECUTING: D:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Encoders\mac.exe "D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.mp3.fb2k.tmp.wav" "D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.ape" -c2000 ... EXECUTION SUCCESS!!

DIRECTORY "D:\Transcode\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits" allready exists.

RENAMING: D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.ape => D:\Transcode\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.ape ... SUCCESS!!

DeleteWaveFile is TRUE.
DELETING: D:\TrueImage\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers\Greatest Hits\Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 18 - Something In The Air.mp3.fb2k.tmp.wav ... SUCCESS!!

*** DONE ***

NO errors ocurred.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #54
I spoke too soon.  In general things are partially working.  MAREO 3.0 runs using the setup I listed earlier most of the time.  If I'm ripping, once or twice every couple of albums that Microsoft error message still pops up, and the track associated with that instance of MAREO doesn't run through all the stuff setup in the mareo.ini and the .wav file for that track remains in the directory.  The result is that I have to go back and re-rip the one or two tracks where MAREO bombed on that particular album.  The computer I'm running this on was recently setup so the OS install is pretty clean.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #55
I'm trying to configure EAC so that I can compress to both FLAC (individual tracks) and MP3 at once. The steps I have taken thus far are:

Downloaded Mareo.rar, extracted to C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Mareo

Downloaded flac112a.exe, installed to C:\Program Files\Audio Encoders\FLAC

Downloaded lame3.97b2, extracted to C:\Program Files\Audio Encoders\LAME

Entered the following into EAC under compression options:
Checked Use external program
Parameter: User Defined
File extension: .flac
Program path: C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Mareo\mareo.exe
Additional Command line options: mareoflacmp3.ini "%o" "%s" "%d" "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" "%y" "%m" (per user's suggestion in this thread, I've also tried using the spec on the mareo site)
All other options execept "check for external programs return code" are unchecked.

It seems to be cueing Mareo, but not creating any compressed files. Here is what my mareoflacmp3.ini file contains:

; MAREO - (M)ultiple (A)pplications ®unner for (E)AC and (O)thers.

; Literal From Replacing Value
; @source@ Parameter # 2 FULL temporal Source File Name
; @dest@ Parameter # 3 FULL temporal Destination File Name
; @artist@ Parameter # 4 CD Artist Name
; @album@ Parameter # 5 CD Name
; @title@ Parameter # 6 Track (Song) Name
; @track@ Parameter # 7 Track (song) Number
; @year@ Parameter # 8 Year of the CD release
; @genre@ Parameter # 9 CD's Music Genre
; @1@ .. @nn@ Parameter # 10+ User Definenable

; @ownpath@ MAREO finds out the full path to MAREO, without the the ending backslash
; @finalfullname@ MAREO finds out the final full name of the encoded file.
; @finalpathonly@ MAREO finds out the final path to where the encode file will end
; @finalnameonly@ MAREO finds out the final name only of the encoded file (with NO extension)
; @tmpfullname@ MAREO finds out the full temporal name with the encoder extension
; @tmppathonly@ MAREO finds out the full temporal path, without the ending backslash
; @tmpnameonly@ MAREO finds out the temporal name (with NO extension)
; @newext@ MAREO finds out the file extension without the dot (ex: MP3)

;
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; DOES MAREO NEEDS TO LOG TO THE SCREEN?
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LogToScreen = TRUE

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; DOES MAREO NEEDS TO LOG TO A TXT FILE?
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LogToFile = TRUE

; MAREO RENAMES THE FIRST ENCODED FILE (TRUE) OR THE CD RIPPER DOES (FALSE)?
RenameFirstFile = TRUE

; DOES MAREO DELETES THE WAV FILE AFTER ENCODING (TRUE) OR THE CD RIPPER DOES (FALSE)?
DeleteWavFile = TRUE

; FLAC -8 -V;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXT = flac
PATH = C:\test\@artist@\@album@ -flac
ENCODER = C:\Program Files\Audio Encoders\FLAC\flac.exe
PARAMETERS = -8 "@source@" -o "@dest@" -V -T artist="@artist@" -T album="@album@" -T title="@title@" -T tracknumber="@track@" -T date=@year@ -T genre="@genre@" -T comment="High Quality as Exact Audio Copy EAC secure extraction, no c2, Test & Copy matching = same checksums crcs, Lossless Flac -8 Firemaplegirl 2006"

; MP3 LAME 130k -V 5 --vbr-new
EXT = mp3
PATH = C:\test\@artist@\@album@ -mp3-V5
ENCODER = C:\Program Files\Audio Encoders\LAME\lame.exe
PARAMETERS = -V 5 --vbr-new --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty @year@ --tg "@genre@" --tc "LAME3.97beta1 -V 5 --vbr-new, Exact Audio Copy EAC secure extraction, no c2, Test & Copy matching = same checksums crcs Firemaplegirl 2006" "@source@" "@dest@"

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #56
First, your EAC config is an old one.
MAREO 3.0 doesn't need %o anymore, thus the parameter should be :

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']mareoflacmp3.ini %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m"[/span]

Second, you're using an old format of the .ini file.

EXT = flac
PATH = C:\test\@artist@\@album@ -flac
PARAMETERS = -8 "@source@" -o "@dest@" -V -T artist="@artist@" -T album="@album@" -T title="@title@" -T tracknumber="@track@" -T date=@year@ -T genre="@genre@" -T comment="High Quality as Exact Audio Copy EAC secure extraction, no c2, Test & Copy matching = same checksums crcs, Lossless Flac -8 Firemaplegirl 2006"

MAREO 3.0 doesn't use 'EXT' and 'PATH' anymore, it's replaced by 'FULLNAME'.
And there's an extra entry called 'ONLYIFLAST' (for full explanation of this one, just visit MAREO's website).

Thus, your config should be :

FULLNAME = C:\test\@artist@\@album@ -flac.flac
ONLYIFLAST = FALSE

Change the setting for LAME accordingly.
Note that in 'FULLNAME' you have to specify the format's file extension (like FLAC is .flac and MP3 is .mp3, etc.).

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']@GHammer[/span]
Did you use stdin or temp .wav file?
Sorry for the late reply...

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #57
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']@GHammer[/span]
Did you use stdin or temp .wav file?
Sorry for the late reply...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372768"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I used a wav file.

But, right now I am trying to get MAREO to work with foobar 0.9
MAREO loads (see it in processes) but never opens a window nor touches the wav file. No log is left behind either.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #58
Per iTunesEncode, if you don't specify an output file (which, I thought was the @dest@ file), then iTunes only leaves a copy of the file in the iTunes Library.  However, MAREO errors out if it doesn't see a @dest@ file

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing - leaving the file in the iTunes managed library, and not creating another file - via Foobar's Convertor (see question here). It seems that the various apps (MAREO, Foobar) all expect an output file and fail if there isn't one - despite it being a valid iTunesEncode command line.

It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure about the suggestion for putting the FULLNAME into the same directory path as the iTunes library - that would be pretty hard to manage as the iTunes library path and song name are not always easy to predict, given special character translations etc.

The best solution I can come up with is to direct all output, eg @dest@, to a temporary folder somewhere and just delete everything in that folder periodically...or even automatically using a command at the end of the encoding process.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369749"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
ok guys, back from vacations ... it seems i can't quite follow what the problem is ... can somebody re-explain?

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #59
[span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%']Bug Found[/span]

See if you guys could reproduce this error I had.
Apparently, MAREO 3.0 couldn't properly create a directory with a few periods in its name.
Please note that this isn't the case with an older version I also used, MAREO 2.1.2.

could you please post the full log?

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #60
ok guys, back from vacations ... it seems i can't quite follow what the problem is ... can somebody re-explain?

Hi kwanbis, welcome back.

When iTunesEncodes runs, it calls iTunes to convert the file to the selected format, and launches the iTunes UI. This process creates a file in the iTunes library and adds that file to the iTunes db. It also creates another copy of the same file in the output directory specified using the (optional) -o switch in the iTunesEncode command line.

From the help:
 -o <filename>    Specifies an output file. The resulting encoded
                 file will be copied here after encoding and
                 tagging are complete.

However by removing the -o switch you can tell iTunesEncode to not create that second file - hence just leaving the copy of the file in the iTunes library/folder structure. This allows you to copy stuff into iTunes for iPod synch, and not have a 'stray' copy of the file lying around.

However using this option breaks both MAREO and Foobar - both of which seem to protest about there being no output file - @dest@ for MAREO and %d for Foobar. I think the way to fix it might be to not require @dest@ to be specified?

Hopefully that makes sense - sounds a bit confusing!  Thanks for asking about it, anyway.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #61
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']@GHammer[/span]
I've tried running MAREO with fb2k 0.9 Final with no luck too.
Experienced the same thing; MAREO runs, but nothing happened and I actually had to kill the process to stop it.

I haven't tried with fb2k 0.8.3, but maybe next time.

could you please post the full log?[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Here's the log for the first run.
mareo.ini is configured to run LAME, OggEnc 2.81 (Lancer), VorbisGain, FLAC, and WavPack using Wapet, in that order.

3 beta - Copyright 2003-2006 by Kwanbis - [a href=\"http://www.webearce.com.ar/]http://www.webearce.com.ar/[/url]
Developed with Borland Delphi (info @ [url=http://borland.com/delphi/)]http://borland.com/delphi/)[/url]

"C:\encoders\mareo\mareo.exe" mareo_normal.ini "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.wav" "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.mp3" "Craig David" "The Story Goes..." "All The Way" "01" 2005 "R&B"

IniFileName (%1) = mareo_normal.ini
@source@    (%2) = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.wav
@dest@      (%3) = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.mp3
@artist@    (%4) = Craig David
@album@    (%5) = The Story Goes...
@title@    (%6) = All The Way
@track@    (%7) = 01
@year@      (%8) = 2005
@genre@    (%9) = R&B

*** INI Parameters ***

LogToScreen          = TRUE
LogToFile            = TRUE
RenameFirstFile      = TRUE
DeleteWavFile        = TRUE

ENCODER Extension  = mp3

TEMPORAL Full Name = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.mp3
TEMPORAL Path Only = D:\eac_wavs
TEMPORAL Name Only = 0tmp1!542

FINAL Full Name    = D:\My Music\MP3\Craig David - The Story Goes..\01 - All The Way.mp3
FINAL Path Only    = D:\My Music\MP3\Craig David - The Story Goes..
FINAL Name Only    = 01 - All The Way

Run Only If Last  = FALSE

EXECUTING: C:\encoders\lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new -Y --ignore-tag-errors --ta "Craig David" --tl "The Story Goes..." --tt "All The Way" --tn "01" --ty "2005" --tg "R&B" "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.wav" "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.mp3" ... EXECUTION SUCCESS!!

DIRECTORY "D:\My Music\MP3\Craig David - The Story Goes.." does NOT exists, creating ... SUCCESS!!

RENAMING: D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.mp3 => D:\My Music\MP3\Craig David - The Story Goes.\01 - All The Way.mp3 ... SUCCESS!!

ENCODER Extension  = ogg

TEMPORAL Full Name = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.ogg

FINAL Full Name    = D:\My Music\Vorbis\Craig David - The Story Goes..\01 - All The Way.ogg
FINAL Path Only    = D:\My Music\Vorbis\Craig David - The Story Goes..

EXECUTING: C:\encoders\oggenc2.exe -q 4 "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.wav" -o "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.ogg" -a "Craig David" -l "The Story Goes..." -t "All The Way" -N "01" -d "2005" -G "R&B" ... EXECUTION SUCCESS!!

DIRECTORY "D:\My Music\Vorbis\Craig David - The Story Goes.." does NOT exists, creating ... SUCCESS!!

RENAMING: D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.ogg => D:\My Music\Vorbis\Craig David - The Story Goes.\01 - All The Way.ogg ... SUCCESS!!

ENCODER Extension  = NONE

TEMPORAL Full Name = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.NONE

FINAL Full Name    = NONE
FINAL Path Only    = NONE
FINAL Name Only    = NONE

EXECUTING: C:\encoders\vorbisgain.exe "D:\My Music\Vorbis\Craig David - The Story Goes...\01 - All The Way.ogg" ... EXECUTION **ERROR**

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 4 ***

ENCODER Extension  = flac

TEMPORAL Full Name = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.flac

FINAL Full Name    = D:\My Music\FLAC\Craig David - The Story Goes..\01 - All The Way.flac
FINAL Path Only    = D:\My Music\FLAC\Craig David - The Story Goes..

EXECUTING: C:\encoders\flac.exe -5 "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.wav" -o "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.flac" -T artist="Craig David" -T album="The Story Goes..." -T title="All The Way" -T tracknumber="01" -T date="2005" -T genre="R&B" ... EXECUTION SUCCESS!!

DIRECTORY "D:\My Music\FLAC\Craig David - The Story Goes.." does NOT exists, creating ... SUCCESS!!

RENAMING: D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.flac => D:\My Music\FLAC\Craig David - The Story Goes.\01 - All The Way.flac ... SUCCESS!!

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 5 ***

ENCODER Extension  = wv

TEMPORAL Full Name = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.wv

FINAL Full Name    = D:\My Music\WavPack\Craig David - The Story Goes..\01 - All The Way.wv
FINAL Path Only    = D:\My Music\WavPack\Craig David - The Story Goes..

EXECUTING: C:\encoders\wapet.exe "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.wv" -t "Artist=Craig David" -t "Album=The Story Goes..." -t "Title=All The Way" -t "Track=01" -t "Year=2005" -t "Genre=R&B" "C:\encoders\wavpack.exe" -hm "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.wav" "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.wv" ... EXECUTION SUCCESS!!

DIRECTORY "D:\My Music\WavPack\Craig David - The Story Goes.." does NOT exists, creating ... SUCCESS!!

RENAMING: D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.wv => D:\My Music\WavPack\Craig David - The Story Goes.\01 - All The Way.wv ... SUCCESS!!

DeleteWaveFile is TRUE.
DELETING: D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.wav ... SUCCESS!!

*** DONE ***

1 errors ocurred. Press any key to end.
To sum it up, the directory created were :
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']
  • D:\My Music\MP3\Craig David - The Story Goes\
  • D:\My Music\Vorbis\Craig David - The Story Goes\
  • D:\My Music\WavPack\Craig David - The Story Goes\
  • D:\My Music\FLAC\Craig David - The Story Goes\
[/span]There is no three periods at the end of the album name (i.e [span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']D:\My Music\MP3\Craig David - The Story Goes\[/span] instead of [span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']D:\My Music\MP3\Craig David - The Story Goes...\[/span]).
Note that the encoded files are placed correctly inside each respective directories.
The single error is because VorbisGain couldn't find the file.

Here's the second run with the previous encoded files still in their respective directories.
I'm using the same mareo.ini.

3 beta - Copyright 2003-2006 by Kwanbis - [url=http://www.webearce.com.ar/]http://www.webearce.com.ar/[/url]
Developed with Borland Delphi (info @ [url=http://borland.com/delphi/)]http://borland.com/delphi/)[/url]

"C:\encoders\mareo\mareo.exe" mareo_normal.ini "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.wav" "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.mp3" "Craig David" "The Story Goes..." "All The Way" "01" 2005 "R&B"

IniFileName (%1) = mareo_normal.ini
@source@    (%2) = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.wav
@dest@      (%3) = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.mp3
@artist@    (%4) = Craig David
@album@    (%5) = The Story Goes...
@title@    (%6) = All The Way
@track@    (%7) = 01
@year@      (%8) = 2005
@genre@    (%9) = R&B

*** INI Parameters ***

LogToScreen          = TRUE
LogToFile            = TRUE
RenameFirstFile      = TRUE
DeleteWavFile        = TRUE

ENCODER Extension  = mp3

TEMPORAL Full Name = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.mp3
TEMPORAL Name Only = 0tmp!58)5

FINAL Full Name    = D:\My Music\MP3\Craig David - The Story Goes..\01 - All The Way.mp3
FINAL Path Only    = D:\My Music\MP3\Craig David - The Story Goes..

EXECUTING: C:\encoders\lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new -Y --ignore-tag-errors --ta "Craig David" --tl "The Story Goes..." --tt "All The Way" --tn "01" --ty "2005" --tg "R&B" "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.wav" "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.mp3" ... EXECUTION SUCCESS!!

DIRECTORY "D:\My Music\MP3\Craig David - The Story Goes.." allready exists.

RENAMING: D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.mp3 => D:\My Music\MP3\Craig David - The Story Goes.\01 - All The Way.mp3 ... **ERROR**

ENCODER Extension  = ogg

TEMPORAL Full Name = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.ogg

FINAL Full Name    = D:\My Music\Vorbis\Craig David - The Story Goes..\01 - All The Way.ogg
FINAL Path Only    = D:\My Music\Vorbis\Craig David - The Story Goes..

EXECUTING: C:\encoders\oggenc2.exe -q 4 "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.wav" -o "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.ogg" -a "Craig David" -l "The Story Goes..." -t "All The Way" -N "01" -d "2005" -G "R&B" ... EXECUTION SUCCESS!!

DIRECTORY "D:\My Music\Vorbis\Craig David - The Story Goes.." allready exists.

RENAMING: D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.ogg => D:\My Music\Vorbis\Craig David - The Story Goes.\01 - All The Way.ogg ... **ERROR**

ENCODER Extension  = NONE

TEMPORAL Full Name = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.NONE

FINAL Full Name    = NONE
FINAL Path Only    = NONE
FINAL Name Only    = NONE

EXECUTING: C:\encoders\vorbisgain.exe "D:\My Music\Vorbis\Craig David - The Story Goes...\01 - All The Way.ogg" ... EXECUTION **ERROR**

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 4 ***

ENCODER Extension  = flac

TEMPORAL Full Name = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.flac

FINAL Full Name    = D:\My Music\FLAC\Craig David - The Story Goes..\01 - All The Way.flac
FINAL Path Only    = D:\My Music\FLAC\Craig David - The Story Goes..

EXECUTING: C:\encoders\flac.exe -5 "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.wav" -o "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.flac" -T artist="Craig David" -T album="The Story Goes..." -T title="All The Way" -T tracknumber="01" -T date="2005" -T genre="R&B" ... EXECUTION SUCCESS!!

DIRECTORY "D:\My Music\FLAC\Craig David - The Story Goes.." allready exists.

RENAMING: D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.flac => D:\My Music\FLAC\Craig David - The Story Goes.\01 - All The Way.flac ... **ERROR**

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 5 ***

ENCODER Extension  = wv

TEMPORAL Full Name = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.wv

FINAL Full Name    = D:\My Music\WavPack\Craig David - The Story Goes..\01 - All The Way.wv
FINAL Path Only    = D:\My Music\WavPack\Craig David - The Story Goes..

EXECUTING: C:\encoders\wapet.exe "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.wv" -t "Artist=Craig David" -t "Album=The Story Goes..." -t "Title=All The Way" -t "Track=01" -t "Year=2005" -t "Genre=R&B" "C:\encoders\wavpack.exe" -hm "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.wav" "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.wv" ... EXECUTION SUCCESS!!

DIRECTORY "D:\My Music\WavPack\Craig David - The Story Goes.." allready exists.

RENAMING: D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.wv => D:\My Music\WavPack\Craig David - The Story Goes.\01 - All The Way.wv ... **ERROR**

DeleteWaveFile is TRUE.
DELETING: D:\eac_wavs\0tmp!58)5.wav ... SUCCESS!!

*** DONE ***

5 errors ocurred. Press any key to end.
The errors, except VorbisGain's error which is the same as the first run, seemed to be caused by a faulty MAREO behaviour in handling directory names with periods at the end.

If you need more details, just ask.
I'll be more than willing to reply back. =)

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #62
Has anyone gotten MAREO 3 to work with any version of fb2k yet? No luck on my end. Sigh.

On another matter, does anyone know how to modify the INI file so that, as a final step, the lossy files encoded on HD will be copied to a removable flash drive/player after encoding? In short, the sequence would be:

1. encode to lossless (e.g. wavpack)
2. encode to lossy (e.g. mp3)
3. copy lossy file to flash drive

Appreciate any input. TIA
WavPack 4.31 / LAME 3.98 alpha 3 -V9 -vbr-new

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #63
Has anyone gotten MAREO 3 to work with any version of fb2k yet? No luck on my end. Sigh.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374134"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have it working fine with foobar 0.8.3
I get errors in the foobar console, but in fact the encoding and tagging is performed and the files created are good.

With foobar 0.9 I have no luck whatever.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #64

I get errors in the foobar console, but in fact the encoding and tagging is performed and the files created are good.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374151"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

looks like some 0.9 problem. i'm investigating.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #65
I bought a Squeezebox and have set up Exact Audio Copy as they recommended.  I am using Mareo to create both Flac and (Lame) MP3 files.  I have directed the Flac files to one folder, the MP3 files to another, to keep them separate.  My problem is that after the creation of the Flac and MP3 files Mareo will delete the temporary Wav file, but it does not delete its containing folders.

For example: the Flac file goes to C:\Music\Flac Versions\Artist\Album\Title.flac
The MP3 file goes to C:\Music\MP3 Versions\Artist\Album\Title.mp3
(as I specified by the Flac and LAME FULLNAME lines in the mareo ini file).

However, after the ripping process there remains empty folders where the termporary, now deleted, Wav file was:  C:\Music\Artist\Album\(empty). 

My workaround is to designate the following destination in the EAC Options: Directories: Use This Directory:
C:\Music\Toss\ 
which I later empty of all those accumulated files.  I guess there's no other way to fix this situation?

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #66
I believe there is a bug, or maybe just a problem.

When the title of a track has a slash ("\") in it then Mareo creates a FOLDER with the track's name, not an actual Flac and MP3 FILEs.  (I'm creating both flac and mp3 files with Mareo).

For a simplified example, where a CD has:
Artist: Vivaldi
Album: L'Estro Armonico
Track 01: Concerto in D, Adagio
Track 02: Concerto in C, Allegro/Andante

I get a flac and mp3 FILE called " 01. Concerto in D, Adagio.flac " (and ditto.mp3)
but I get a FOLDER called " 02. Concerto in C, Allegro " (actually two folders with that name because I set it up so that my Flac files and mp3 files are created in two different locations)

If I don't use Mareo, just the Flac program, or just the LAME program, this doesn't happen.  I'm using Exact Audio Copy.

So I have to be sure to rename the file first, eliminating the any slashes.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #67

Would you mind posting your setup (diskwriter and INI file)? Thx.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #68

Would you mind posting your setup (diskwriter and INI file)? Thx.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374549"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Here is an ini that will work for MP3 and APE creation. Other formats work too, so you can adjust accordingly for your formats.

; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; MAREO RENAMES THE FIRST ENCODED FILE (TRUE) OR THE CD RIPPER DOES (FALSE)?
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RenameFirstFile = FALSE

; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; DOES MAREO DELETES THE WAV FILE AFTER ENCODING (TRUE) OR THE CD RIPPER DOES (FALSE)?
DeleteWavFile = FALSE

; =====================================================
; LOSSY ENCODERS

; MP3 LAME: best MP3 encoder: http://www.rarewares.org/mp3.html
FULLNAME = D:\Transcode\@artist@\@album@\@artist@ - @track@ - @title@.mp3
ENCODER = D:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Encoders\lame.exe
PARAMETERS = --priority 1 -V1 --vbr-new --noreplaygain --ignore-tag-errors --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" "@source@" "@dest@"
ONLYIFLAST = FALSE

; MP3gain: TRACK Mode: mp3 normalizer: http://www.rarewares.org/mp3.html
FULLNAME = NONE
ENCODER = D:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Encoders\mp3gain.exe
PARAMETERS = /p /k /r /d 1.0 /s s "D:\Transcode\@artist@\@album@\@artist@ - @track@ - @title@.mp3"
ONLYIFLAST = FALSE

; LOSSLESS ENCODERS

; Monkeys Audio: lossless encoder: http://www.monkeysaudio.com/
FULLNAME = D:\Transcode\@artist@\@album@\@artist@ - @track@ - @title@.ape
ENCODER = D:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Encoders\wapet.exe
PARAMETERS = "@dest@" -t "Artist=@artist@" -t "Album=@album@" -t "Title=@title@" -t "Track=@track@" -t "Year=@year@" -t "Genre=@genre@" mac.exe "@source@" "@dest@" -c2000
ONLYIFLAST = FALSE

; EOF

foobar commandline is:
"mareo-mp3-ape.ini" %s %d "%artist%" "%album%" "%title%" %tracknumber% %date% "%genre%"

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #69
Thank you, Ghammer. 

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #70
I have updated MAREO 3.1 to the home page. It changes a little more the INI file, to make it more understandable, and it also changes the way on how MAREO works internally. There are no new end-user functionallity, but it should work better now. The foobar 0.9 problem hasn't been fixed yet. I still think is something on fb2k. I would like to ask for testing and feedback. Notice that i haven't have updated the documentation, but it should be pretty obvious.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #71
quick update, i just checked with foobar2000 0.9 final, and it works! the config was:

Encoder: C:\Encoders\mareo.exe
Extension: mp3 (i was to first encode to mp3, then to ogg for the test)
Parameters: mareo.ini %s %d "%artist%" "%album%" "%title%" %tracknumber%" "%date%" "%genre%"

on MAREO.ini, the first filename should not rename:

ONLYIFLAST = FALSE
ENCODER = lame.exe
PARAMETERS = -V5 --vbr-new --ignore-tag-errors --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" "@source@" "@dest@"
RENAME = FALSE
PATH = C:\Music\@artist@ - @album@\
FILENAME = @track@. @title@
EXTENSION = mp3

and it worked! the first file is managed by fb2k, the file name i mean.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #72
quick update, i just checked with foobar2000 0.9 final, and it works! the config was:

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374933"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I wonder what is different betwen our systems.
I installed the new mareo, changed the ini to match yours, ran a convert with fb final and got the same results as before.
I see mareo in the taks list but no activity. No log in the mareo directory. I have to kill the mareo process to get fb to respond again.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #73
I am trying to get Mareo to work with EAC. I am not having any luck. I have the EAC settings exactly like your sire reccomends but when I hit the MP3 button in EAC things go wrong. The fist track will read and then hte CLI box opos up and gives me the info for the song and then the following:

ERROR: Sorry, but mareo.ini does not exists <or could not be opened>!

I can not figure out what is wrong. The txt file with the configs that was in the Mareo folder was simply named

mareo

with no extension. I was getting the error so I renamed it

mareo.ini

still the same error. I have the mareo.ini in

C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\mareo

Is this not right?

Any help you can give me would be appreciate it.

GypsyM, you should post your EAC parametter passing more than the INI file. You should tell MAREO where the INI file is, with full path name, if it is not on the same folder as mareo.exe. Also, don't PM, just post here.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #74
i would like to add to MAREO system folder variables, and i have made a test program. I need someone with Win98 and/or XP to test it. Thanks.