Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: organize playlists w/ folders or tags in playlist switcher? (Read 3374 times) previous topic - next topic

organize playlists w/ folders or tags in playlist switcher?

is there a way to add folders or tagging (for some sort of search functionality) to the playlist switcher?  I'd like to be able to organize my playlists a bit, nest playlists w/in each other.  I tried out foo_browser and foo_playlist_tree, but if they can do what I want, I haven't figure it out yet.  Any ideas?

Reply #1
for foobar 0.8.3 (haven't tried with 0.9.1):
not exactly what you want I guess, but the album list plugin (available as a panel) displays a tree structure that can be based on tags (not only directory structure), so you could have dynamically generated lists with, eg:
Code: [Select]
languages
  + english
  + german
  + french
  + spanish

or: genres
  + pop
     + 80s
     + 90s
   + rock
     + hard rock
     + grunge

Reply #2
anybody know about getting the album list as a panel in .9.1?  I can get it to open (via preferences) but having a second window open is not preferable to me...Thanks!

Reply #3
is there a way to add folders or tagging (for some sort of search functionality) to the playlist switcher?  I'd like to be able to organize my playlists a bit, nest playlists w/in each other.  I tried out foo_browser and foo_playlist_tree, but if they can do what I want, I haven't figure it out yet.  Any ideas?

Playlist tree will do exactly what you want.  It has a search tool bar which you could search a folder ( or series of nested folders)  consisting of your playlists configured to both sort and display anyway you want.

Reply #5
I suppose the instructions on how to configure it to show the search bar and how to tag files are in the playlist_tree forum thread?

I'll check it out.  Thanks!