Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback Problem with v1.6.1 (Read 2680 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback Problem with v1.6.1

Titel.

With v1.6 I have no Problem. But after upgraded to 1.6.1 foobar just show me

Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 192000 Hz / 32-bit / 8 channels

Even the audio file is actually 16bit/44100Hz

All of my settings are same with 1.6. No replay gain etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Playback Problem with v1.6.1

Reply #1
Have you had a look at your active DSPs?

File > Preferences > Playback > DSP Manager | Active DSPs.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #2
Thanks for the bug report. What exact soundcard is it?

Can you please open foobar2000 console (View menu, Console) and post all the lines written when the error occurs? In particular, lines after "Opening track for playback: ..."
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
Have you had a look at your active DSPs?

File > Preferences > Playback > DSP Manager | Active DSPs.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I don´t use any DSP and that´s why I am little confused why this problem occurs even I don´t use any DSP.

Thanks for the bug report. What exact soundcard is it?

Can you please open foobar2000 console (View menu, Console) and post all the lines written when the error occurs? In particular, lines after "Opening track for playback: ..."

I just use the Realtek soundcard installed in my Laptop.

Thanks for your suggestion. After I check the Information in console, I found that Resampling module is still present, even I haven´t enabled it (you can see the screenshot of my DSP settings above). Could this be a problem? But I don´t know how to totally shut down it.

Reply #4
Thanks for the details.
It is strange that a laptop onboard audio device asks for 8-channel input (which it then refuses to play).
I made some changes in foobar2000 v1.6.2 beta 3 - reverting some output format manipulation behaviors to what version 1.6 did. Does it help with the issue? If it does not, please post what it says in the console now.

Reply #5
Thanks for the details.
It is strange that a laptop onboard audio device asks for 8-channel input (which it then refuses to play).
I made some changes in foobar2000 v1.6.2 beta 3 - reverting some output format manipulation behaviors to what version 1.6 did. Does it help with the issue? If it does not, please post what it says in the console now.

Thanks for your efforts. 1.6.2 beta 3 works pretty fine for me again.

I just post infos in the console here, just in case if you need it for further debugging.

Reply #6
This looks like a weird case. Mixer format should always be supported. Could you please my curiosity and confirm that http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_wasapis doesn't work with your output device?

Reply #7
This looks like a weird case. Mixer format should always be supported. Could you please my curiosity and confirm that http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_wasapis doesn't work with your output device?

Hey.

I´ve tried it before, but it doesn´t work. My foobar just freeze if I choose any WASAPI share mode. Event and Push mode work just fine for me.

Reply #8
Is there just one particular file this is happening with, or a bunch of files?  Any chance you could upload one with the problem to an upload site (might be too big for the forum) so someone here can test with it?

Reply #9
Is there just one particular file this is happening with, or a bunch of files?  Any chance you could upload one with the problem to an upload site (might be too big for the forum) so someone here can test with it?

None of my music files can be played with foobar 1.6.1, but if anyone want to test I have just uploaded one to Mediafire.

Test file

Reply #10
Thanks for the upload.  On my Foobar 1.6.1, Windows 10 x64 1909, the track plays fine in the default WASAPI shared mode, and with the foo_out_wasapis shared plugin.  The sample rate and bit depth display correctly (44.1/16).  My audio is also Realtek.

So, at least it shows what you are experiencing is not a problem with Foobar 1.6.1 itself or the file, but something with your audio device, drivers, or some other application inserting itself in the chain (attempting to do a multi-channel conversion??).   The fact that it does not occur with WASAPI exclusive may point to a mixer setting or use of some sound enhancement feature.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Reply #11
I can confirm this file plays fine on latest 1.6.2 beta 3 (windows 10 x64 1909) with both wasapi exclusive event and default wasapi output.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #12
Thanks for the upload.  On my Foobar 1.6.1, Windows 10 x64 1909, the track plays fine in the default WASAPI shared mode, and with the foo_out_wasapis shared plugin.  The sample rate and bit depth display correctly (44.1/16).  My audio is also Realtek.

So, at least it shows what you are experiencing is not a problem with Foobar 1.6.1 itself or the file, but something with your audio device, drivers, or some other application inserting itself in the chain (attempting to do a multi-channel conversion??).   The fact that it does not occur with WASAPI exclusive may point to a mixer setting or use of some sound enhancement feature.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Yep, that´s also what I tried to find out.

Thanks for the details.

Just want to inform you that I have found what occurs the weird problem with 1.6.1 on my Laptop.

I bought my Laptop from MSI some years ago. At that time (don´t know if also for new models nowadays) many of them were pre-installed a software called Nahimic Audio driver. From this company they said it provide better audio quality and good focus in fps game etc. Before I encounter my problem with 1.6.1 I don´t have issue with it so far.

Today, to prove my guess wrong or not, I just shut down this software and reinstalled 1.6.1, and 1.6.1 works again for me. Then I totally uninstalled this trash Nahimic software.

So seems this weird problem could only from the users who just bought MSI Laptops with this Nahimic Audio driver and software. I think it should be fine for you to revert the output modification introduced in 1.6.2 beta 3.

I just leave here console infos from my working-again 1.6.1 if you still need to look at it. And also the website from Nahimic for people who want to take a look at it.

Nahimic

Reply #13
I made some further changes for this in 1.6.2 beta 4 - the previous fix would still fail if you tried to play a file with more channels than 2 (stereo), now every possible scenario should work.
If anyone else gets this bug, please speak up.

Reply #14
I have same problem. Used 1.5 - no problem, 1,6.4 gives this error when open multichannel files.
Realtek, Win 7, wasapi

When switch to default output - it plays multichannel. Wasapi doesnt.

Where can i find beta versions?