Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar will no longer start after updating to version 1.6 (Read 1048 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar will no longer start after updating to version 1.6

So far I could update my Foobar (with adapted skin from Br3tt without problems: Xchange-360 ). Unfortunately Foobar does not start at all after the update to 1.6. There are no error messages at all.
Here I have uploaded a portable version of my version, where the same phenomenon occurs when updating to version 1.6:Xchange 360 mod portable

I would be very grateful for an idea, because the skin used covers exactly my needs.

Many greetings :-\
Rolf

Re: Foobar will no longer start after updating to version 1.6

Reply #1
It's probably a duff version of JScript Panel which has a bug preventing fb2k v1.6 from starting. The latest version has the bug fixed...

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_jscript_panel/releases

You might need to open the fb2k-component file with a program like 7-zip or similar to manually extract and overwrite the old files if you can't install components normally.

Reply #2
It's probably a duff version of JScript Panel which has a bug preventing fb2k v1.6 from starting. The latest version has the bug fixed...

That sounds promising. I'll try it out tomorrow. For now, thanks for the tip!

Best regards
Rolf ;D

Reply #3

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_jscript_panel/releases

That was indeed the problem! Many thanks for this!

Now only a message concerning the JScript "Library Tree" appears:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or is there now a script for "Library Tree" adapted to JScript version 2.4.1.2?

Many greetings
Rolf

Reply #4
Hello @snotlicker

I have now switched to "Spider-Monkey-Panel" because @WilB offers good enhancements for "Library Tree" here.

Thanks again for the great support!

;)