Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: If i convert Flac to Wav and than to La What i Get? (Read 18562 times) previous topic - next topic

If i convert Flac to Wav and than to La What i Get?

Reply #25
I still don't see any kind of wav-ish tag-support in common tools as foobar2000 and dbpoweramp - Do you? Maybe you should go develop some, because it has been requested countless times. Then I might stop claiming that wav-tags are useless, point-less and even non-existant!
Sure, WAV tags are useless, pointless and even non-existent, because odyssey from the Internet says so. Well, until somebody includes support for them in end-user software, then he might graciously accept their existence and the world could start using them again. *yawn*

None of you have given any useful information to OP on how even to preserve tags while decoding to wav...
Because I (we? who?) am not talking to the OP but correcting your false claims. Yeah, play the "I can write any BS, but I, for one, at least tried to help!" card.
... (but you keep on insisting that it's possible).
Sure it is, open an MP3/FLAC file e.g. in the old Cool Edit, save as WAV, metadata preserved, no miracle. Naturally this is not feasible for a batch conversion, but a big difference compared with something non-existent and completely useless nonetheless.
Post a solution if you want to discuss and stop useless nitpicking!
(Says guy who wrote "Oh I want to nitpick some more!"...)
Anyway, I'm discussing nonsense claims only, there is a good solution in the previous posts already.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #26
Let's recap
If you use intermediate wav, you lose tags, because wav doesn't support tags...

I didn't claim this initially, yet I do support the claim, as I'm sure many other regular users would.

You can disagree all you want, and although Cool Edit/Audition might support saving the metadata to wav-files, chances are that FLAC-encoder would disregard them, so what use are your claim?

(Says guy who wrote "Oh I want to nitpick some more!"...)
Yeah, some might not get the irony...

If more common software began to support any kind of wav/riff-tags chances are others would follow up, so yeah why not start with foobar2000?
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #27
I still don't see any kind of wav-ish tag-support in common tools as foobar2000 and dbpoweramp - Do you?

dbpoweramp has long supported wav tags.

Reply #28
Great, case closed then...

Reply #29
I was going to stay quiet after my comment caused "a fight", but I think it went too far and it laster longer than I anticipated.

Therefore, I want to appologize!

All I wanted to say is what odyssey is claiming between the lines... wav taging is practucally useless (in regard of OP's needs), even though it can be done with special software combinations. And even if wav tags were completely supported in the same way as flac tags are, OP's way of going about from flac to wav and then to la is a waste of time. And that's what I wanted my post to be all about. Skipping the wav part (for whatever the reason may be now).

Please, let us get along, as I kind of have a good opinion about all of you who are arguing right now.
lame -V 0

Reply #30
Fact 1. foobar2000 doesn't support wav-tags
Not gonna wade too deeply into this, but it is only foobar2000 v0.9 that does not support WAV-tags. They did exist in v0.8.x

Reply #31
Fact 1. foobar2000 doesn't support wav-tags
Not gonna wade too deeply into this, but it is only foobar2000 v0.9 that does not support WAV-tags. They did exist in v0.8.x

Now that you mention it I recall a user preferring 0.8 for that reason (never used 0.8 myself, so i had no idea)... Why was it removed in the transition to 0.9, and are there plans to include support for it?

Reply #32
It used a non-standard way of doing it, APEv2 tags at the end of the file, not a RIFF INFO chunk like the other applications do. See here.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.