This thread only links to other posts. There is no discussion in here.Open issues
Issues fixed in 1.1.17
- Incompatibility: "Open Containing Folder" context menu command crashes on Wine - this is a bug in Wine and will not be fixed on our end; please complain at Wine developers instead.
- Glitch: The playlist switcher toolbar dropdown list shows a vertical scrollbar regardless of being scrollable (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=58315&view=findpost&p=528063)
- Bug: Parsing quirks with certain metadata on Shoutcast streams (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=56102)
Issues fixed in 1.1.15
- Bug: Unable to convert online streams with Converter.
- Bug: Rare crash with "full file buffering" enabled.
Issues fixed in 1.1.11
- Incompatibility: shell integration non-functional in Windows 8.
Issues fixed in 1.1.10
- Bug: Certain WAV files become unusable after tagging.
Issues fixed in 1.1.9
- Incompatibility: Volume control not working with Asus Xonar cards (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=86300).
- Bug: WAV handling problems introduced in 1.1.19.
Issues fixed in 1.1.7
- Bug: ID3v2 handling regressions.
Issues fixed in 1.1.3-1.1.5
- Bug: Update-check menu commands share the same ID, causing various breakage. (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=88311)
Issues fixed in 1.1.2 beta 4
- Crashing while playing on new AMD processors.
- Various 1.1.3/1.1.4 regressions.
- Pointless warnings when trying to do a complete configuration reset without having used specific components such as Playback Statistics.
Issues fixed in 1.1.2 beta 2
- Bug: mmdevapi.dll crash when foobar2000's output is set to "primary sound driver" and the system default audio playback device changes.
Issues fixed in 1.1.1
- Bug: Media Library initialization getting stuck - typically a result of having your foobar2000 configuration folder inside your watched folders.
- Bug: Media Library configuration getting reset when upgrading from a version older than 1.1.
- Various bugs prevent freedb lookups from working.
Issues fixed in 1.1
- Bug: Closing the Preferences dialog in certain conditions may lead to a crash.
- Bug: Certain scenarios produce nonsensical directory enumeration results and lead to infinite recursion crashes.
Issues fixed in 1.0.3
- Bug: Matroska files using header stripping (default in new mkvmerge) are not readable.
- Bug: Written ID3v2.3 tags may contain ID3v2.4 frames in certain cases when the file originally contained an ID3v2.4 tag.
- Bug: Rare crash when decoding specific Musepack files.
Issues fixed in 1.0.2
- Incompatibility: ASX files written by WMP with incorrectly escaped & characters are not parsed.
- Bug: Even more incorrect notification area icon minimize behaviors.
- Bug: Incorrect behaviors with both "cursor follows playback" and "playback follows cursor" enabled.
- Incompatibility: Problems with encoding long audio streams with to Vorbis.
- Bug: Very rare crash when using the Media Library preferences page.
Issues fixed in 1.0.1 final
- Bug: Deadlock on files with malformed ID3v2 tags. (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=80138)
- Bug: Doubleclicking splitters in Default UI doesn't center the splitter (regression in 1.0.1). (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=79565)
- Bug: Alt+space key combo not working (regression in 1.0.1). (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=79396)
- Bug: Certain valid RF64 files are unplayable. (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=78376&view=findpost&p=692457)
- Bug: Incorrect notification area icon behaviors (again). (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=78027)
Issues fixed in 1.0.1 beta 1
- Bug: Incorrect handling of relative paths in M3U files on HTTP servers.
- Bug: Cannot seek anymore when playback is about to stop as a result of end-of-playlist condition.
- Bug: Notification area icon may be shown when it shouldn't be. (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=78027)
- Incompatibility: ENTRYREF feature of ASX playlists is currently not supported.
Discussion and feature proposals
This list contains features that have been requested so far. It is not a to-do list; features that are going to be implemented are explicitly marked as such.
- Feature: Simplified user interface for creating autoplaylists.
- Feature: Ignore character accents in simple search queries only for basic latin characters typed by user (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=70381&view=findpost&p=621336)
- Feature: Access to file creation time through title formatting.
- Feature: Additional interface for enabling/disabling components (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=68354) and managing per-component configuration in Preferences
- Default User Interface
- Feature: Visibile indication of whether the option controlled by a toolbar button is enabled or not.
- Feature: Visible indication of stop-after-current being enabled or not, without having to access the menus.
Feature: Disabling menu toolbar (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=60005) won't implement Feature: Hide the status bar won't implement
- Playlist view
- Feature: Per playlist group mode settings in playlist view
- Feature: Color and tab rendering in custom columns
- Feature: Different colour for now playing song in the playlist view
Feature: Disable sorting when clicking on columns headers won't implement
- Album art viewer (Discussion (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=58322))
- Feature: Set stub image to display instead of "[multiple items]"
- Feature: Only display art for playing track (don't follow selection)
- Album List
Feature: Option to hide the root node (labeled "All Music") won't implement
- Feature: Option to hide subitem count
- File Operations (Discussion (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=58353))
Feature: Use source directory as destination directory (Partially possible using "Rename".) won't implement
- Feature: Display directory chooser dialog when using a preset without destination directory from the context menu
- Feature: Configurable entries in the file name pattern selector
- Feature: "Delete folder" command.
- Properties dialog
Feature: Codepage conversion for fixing incorrectly encoded tags (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=58354) won't implement
- Spectrogram visualisation (Discussion (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=58494))
- Feature: Configurable frequency range
- Feature: Configurable update speed
- Feature: Display difference between left and right channel(s)
- Feature: Display guide lines for specific frequencies
- WavPack support
- Feature: Improved handling of correction files (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=58590)
- Feature: Option to delete source files upon successful conversion.