Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unsynced mp3 sample files (Read 2439 times) previous topic - next topic

Unsynced mp3 sample files

These are short mp3 files with unsynchronized id3v2.3 tags that iTunes 7.6 had problems with (about a year ago). As the full filenames suggest, the embedded art in one of the files ("05...") didn't cause any problems, but the embedded art of the other file ("04...") tickled a bug of some sort in iTunes. While iTunes was unable to parse the tag correctly, other media players/taggers had no problems at all. 

The iTunes bug has been fixed since then (I just tested the current version, which is 8.2), but what about Quick Look? It may still linger there. I am not a Mac user, so I cannot test it myself. Feel free to do so, if you are interested.